Health Data Services, Inc., a leader in the health information technology market, announces that FreeDOM MD will now offer insurance eligibility verification through Emdeon Net Direct®.
Online PR News – 28-August-2009 – – Charlottesville, VA -- Health Data Services, Inc., a leader in the health information technology market, is pleased to announce that its free practice management and EMR product FreeDOM will now offer insurance eligibility verification through Emdeon Net Direct®.
Emdeon NetDirect is a web-based solution providing real-time patient insurance eligibility and benefits information for most health plans. Emdeon NetDirect instantly connects to the largest group of commercial and government payers in the industry to provide a wealth of real-time patient information. This solution meets HIPAA compliance standards and the privacy of transactions is protected with the highest level of Internet-based security.
Emdeon NetDirect has the ability to verify patient eligibility for a single individual inquiry, during registration, or for a group of records called 'batches.' This feature is especially attractive for physician practices, medical groups, business offices, billing services, admitting, and more.
• Real-time patient eligibility verification
• Referral submissions & referral status inquiries
• Authorizations & precertifications
• Claim Status inquiry
• Batch processing capability
• Supports Medicaid, Medicare and commercial health plans
• Smart SearchTM technology automatically processes all available search criteria to determine patient eligibility
• Much faster than verifying eligibility over the phone
• Improves patient information
• Eliminates human error
• Low-Cost, Web-Based – no software or hardware to install
About Health Data Services Inc. and FreeDOM:
Health Data Services, Inc. (HDS) was founded in 1988 with the mission of helping the small healthcare provider. FreeDOM, the free practice management software, is HDS’ latest product directed at meeting the needs of smaller practices. FreeDOM is the free medical billing software that allows providers to realize faster reimbursements, fewer rejections, and better cash flow with its centralized claims submission process and print and mail services, coding software, and EOB posting. HDS also offers MedLedger for practices needing a certified EMR.