Company will also be launching a variety of new scanners and capture and intelligent information management software
Online PR News – 19-September-2014 – DUBAI, United Arab Emirates – Kodak Alaris today announced that it is attending GITEX Technology Week in Dubai as it invests in the region to bring to customers next generation intelligent information management solutions.
Through its uniquely acquired knowhow, Kodak Alaris is helping customers understand and gain invaluable knowledge from their data, and get the right information to the right people at the right time.
Many companies worldwide have benefited from these solutions and approaches. Based on Kodak Alaris’ experience, capabilities and credibility, a fresh proposition has been created - Kodak Alaris KnowledgeShare - a new and exciting initiative to help customers drive their businesses forward.
Showcasing at GITEX this year, KnowledgeShare is a framework of hardware and software solutions to enable customers to automatically capture and consolidate corporate data from digital and paper sources, understand and then gain invaluable knowledge from it.
KnowledgeShare works across a wide variety of vertical sectors from finance and healthcare to BPO and government. The Kodak Alaris stand is designed to reflect this with a central knowledge hub with four zones for these different sectors:
• Finance Zone. Demonstrations of solutions to enhance customer acquisition for banks through quick and easy application processing, management of customer communication and response – all designed to enhance customer experience and satisfaction;
• Healthcare Zone. For healthcare providers tasked with cutting costs, improving operational efficiency whilst enhancing clinical care, shifting to electronic patient records is paramount. Pre-sales staff will show how efficient patient records management can radically improve information access and sharing in any care setting;
• BPO Zone. Presentations to explain how data can be managed and processed quickly and efficiently and manual errors reduced so that overheads are reduced and customer SLAs easily met;
• Government Zone. Demonstrations of new software and hardware solutions to enhance the e-citizen journey so that online public services can be improved and costs reduced.
New scanners and software solutions to be launched at GITEX
Kodak Alaris’ products include award-winning scanners, capture and intelligent information management software, complimented by a range of professional services, and industry leading service and global support. At GITEX this year, a variety of new products will be announced and shown for the first time:
• NEW. As a key worldwide partner, Kodak Alaris will launch new IBML ImageTrac 6000 series scanners as part of an integrated BPO solution. These super high performance intelligent scanner solutions are able to handle up to 438 pages per minute which enable BPOs to increase productivity and efficiency whilst reducing operational costs.
• NEW. A secure browser-based thin client document capture solution for organisations seeking to leverage investments into existing ECM infrastructure, the new Kodak Info Input Solution will be launched at GITEX. It eliminates the need for ‘thick’ client infrastructure, deployment and supports driving down on-going IT costs. With a full license included, the export module within the software can import scanned batches and documents to other systems like EMC Captiva, Kofax, and IBM Filenet. This solution is available in Arabic so easy for end-users to operate. Furthermore, Kodak Info Input solution also allows developers to use a SDK to integrate scanning functionality direct into web-based applications such as Sales Force.com, SAP, IBM Filenet and others.
• NEW. In conjunction with the Kodak Info Input launch, Kodak Alaris is announcing a dedicated desktop scanner - the Kodak ScanMate i1180 - specifically developed to allow easy connection to thin client environments or browser-based applications. Able to process 40 pages per minute, the i1180 launch is key given research shows that 87% of business applications are now web-based yet research shows that only 2% of firms actually leverage web technology for document scanning.
• NEW. Next generation Kodak Capture Pro imaging software – version 5 - will be shown featuring an Arabic language interface option. This demonstrates Kodak Alaris’ commitment to developing solutions which directly meet local market needs.
• As part of its KnowledgeShare Zones, demonstrations of Kodak Info Insight will be available. A highly modular ECM and CEM solution, Kodak Info Insight provides intelligent understanding and management of incoming documents and customer communications regardless of format and structure. In addition to reducing processing costs, it enables organisations to be far more commercially responsive and proactive to help increase customer satisfaction and ultimately create new business opportunities.
David Whitton, Kodak Alaris’ regional sales director for the Middle East and Africa, says “Information Management is evolving fast. Paper is still an issue but it’s declining overall as an increasing amount of content is created electronically using a raft of devices. And the ability for organisations to manage this complex information flow, link it into business processes and then make decisions and respond – quickly in real time– is becoming ever more crucial. At GITEX this year, we’ll be showing visitors how we address this through our KnowledgeShare initiative.”
According to analysts, the market for document scanners in the Middle East remains buoyant with encouraging growth rates in the majority of scanner device segments.
In the desktop and departmental category Kodak Alaris grew double in the last 12 month, and maintained its top position in the production scanner segments. Shipments grew 22% in the Middle Eastern scanner market, while Kodak Alaris growth was beyond this reaching a close to 20% overall market share doubling the total number of units shipped. The forecast is that positive CAGR growth rates will continue -added David Whitton.
GITEX attendees can visit stand number Stand B4-3 located in Hall 4, for a chance to meet with the Kodak Alaris team.
About Kodak Alaris’ Document Imaging Division
Kodak Alaris’ Document Imaging solutions enable customers to capture and consolidate data from digital and paper sources, understand and extract valuable insight from the contents, and deliver the right information to the right people at the right time. Our offerings include award-winning scanners, capture and information management software, an expanding range of professional services and industry leading service and support. With customers ranging from small offices to global operations, Kodak Alaris delivers superior systems and solutions to automate business processes, enhance customer interactions and enable better business decisions.
For more information : knowledgeshare.kodakalaris.com/ , please visit kodakalaris.com/go/dinews.
Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/kodakdi and visit our blog at infooverdrive.com/
The Kodak trademark and trade dress are used under license from Eastman Kodak Company.
Kodak Alaris Middle East Contact
firstname.lastname@example.org Dubai: (971) 4 347 5022