A year ago, the partnership between Singapore’s Radio Network MediaCorp with India’s leading FM Network BIG 92.7 FM saw the birth of Singapore’s only Bollywood Radio Station ‘BIG Bollywood 96.3 FM’. The Station has stood true to its promise of entertaining listeners who love Bollywood and seek entertainment on the same, by offering them an excellent programming mix.
Online PR News – 27-August-2009 – – Chennai, July 09: A year ago, the partnership between Singapore’s Radio Network MediaCorp with India’s leading FM Network BIG 92.7 FM saw the birth of Singapore’s only Bollywood Radio Station ‘BIG Bollywood 96.3 FM’. The Station has stood true to its promise of entertaining listeners who love Bollywood and seek entertainment on the same, by offering them an excellent programming mix. The last one year has seen the Station grow tremendously as it today boasts of sharing listeners with top channels like Class, 98.7 FM & Power FM and caters not just to the Indian expat but also the population of Chinese, Tamilians and Malays. The Station has been providing entertainment for all, across SEC segmentations and age groups with its music offering varying from current chartbusters to retro music.
Some key milestones from the Station:
· Glo-cal Connect: As the very subject indicates, this Station has managed to grow listeners while not just restricting itself to Indians, but the larger Malay & Chinese audiences too who love Bollywood entertainment. Bollywood is beyond Indians and its listener base just goes to prove the same. The Station has grown to be a very favourite of the local populace in a very short period of time
· Market share: The Station has successfully captured over 80% of Indian expat market. The Station’s listener base sees 80% listenership from the expat population and rest 20% from the local populace comprising Tamilians, Malays & Chinese
· Listenership: From amongst the options available on XFM 96.3 (the expat frequency on which BIG Bollywood 96.3 FM plays for 3 hours, from 5-8pm each evening), BIG Bollywood 96.3 FM is the most listened to band on weekdays.
Also, almost 60% of BIG Bollywood listenership belongs to the high potential category of PMEBs (Professionals, Managers, Entrepreneurs & Businessmen) and the other white collared jobs
· Advertisers Preferred Choice: The Station has become an integral part of advertising plans of several local businesses that are yielding high benefits from using BIG Bollywood 96.3 FM. These include local retailers, restaurants, education bodies, boutiques and parlours and also various corporate clients varying from financial to health and the educational industry
· Fresh Programming for all: The station provides a healthy mix of current and retro music which caters to listeners across SECs and age-groups.
· Innovation: Some innovative station offerings over the last year…
o BIG Homes: A unique on air property offered by experts which caters to local (NRI) investors interested in buying property in India. The experts offer options and solutions to properties, processes, help in getting the loan and much more, all remote-controlled from Singapore
o GIIS Idol 2008: This was the hunt for the best singer amongst GIIS Students seeing participation from the local populace
o Little RJ Hunt: Reality contest on-air which was a huge hit on the Radio Station as it received more than 5000 sms within 3 days
Speaking on the occasion, Vasundhara Magotra, General Manager, BIG Bollywood 96.3 FM said, “We have been entertaining the local populace for a year now and we take this opportunity to thank them for welcoming us with open ears! What worked excellently for us was that we were able to fill the void that existed in Bollywood entertainment on radio in Singapore. We have shown a very healthy growth in listenership which has a high mix of PMEB’s and are the most preferred time band on expat frequency. We thank both listeners and clients for their over-whelming support and begin our 2nd innings with a promise to offer superlative entertainment on the Station.”
About BIG Bollywood 96.3 FM
July 2008 saw the collaboration between the two media powerhouses as Singapore’s Radio Network MediaCorp, joined hands with India’s leading FM Network BIG 92.7 FM to offer the local populace, Singapore’s only Bollywood Radio Station aptly christened ‘BIG Bollywood 96.3 FM’. The Station caters to the entertainment requirements of not only the fast growing Indian expat community in Singapore, but also all Asians who enjoy Bollywood music and content. The radio station broadcasts ‘live’ Bollywood entertainment everyday from 5:00pm to 8:00pm, which includes Bollywood Hits from the 2000’s onwards. The Station is targeted at Asians who love Bollywood and seek Bollywood entertainment.
For further information please contact:
Percept Profile (A Division of Percept Ltd) : 044 – 32528800