A Culinary Exploration into the World of Wild Foods
Online PR News – 02-September-2014 – Carmel, CA, August 31, 2014 – A celebration of the amazing array of wild foods will be the centerpiece for a weekend of gourmet food, world-class wine and beer, entertainment, expert-led foraging hikes and a friendly chef competition with celebrity judges.
Save the dates of January 16th through 18th, 2015. Big Sur area restaurants will host the culinary expertise of notable chefs preparing unique fare from rustic to elegant, paired with the region's amazing selection of wines and beers.
The event also serves as a fundraiser for the Big Sur Health Center. The community's non-profit health center will receive the proceeds from the foraging events to support the continued presence of local health care services.
Event schedule to include:
* "Wild Foraging Walk and Talk" at Pfeiffer State Park and through the Big Sur Wilderness, both led by expert foragers. This year we will have 2 walks. One through Pfeiffer State Park (level beginner hiker) and one through the Big Sur Wilderness (level intermediate hiker). The intermediate hike through the Bug Sur Wilderness will be led by Stephen Copeland of Big Sur Guides and Hiking.
* "Fungus Face-Off" on the deck at Ventana Inn & Spa
* A silent auction full of culinary delights, hotel stays, tickets to explore the area, art and so much more will take place during the food and wine sampling. There will be more than 60 items this year!
* Purchase raffle tickets for $5 per ticket of $25 for 6 tickets. Enter to win your choice of 7 culinary delights or hotel packages! Raffle package values begin at $200 to $700! Tickets available for purchase at the event.
* Grand Celebrity Chef Dinner at Ventana Inn & Spa. "Foragers Dinner" at the Restaurant at Ventana beginning at 6:00 pm. The multi-course dinner, destined to be a memorable feast paired with an incredible wine selection, costs $175.00 per person.
* "The Forager's Kitchen" A dynamic, not-to-be-missed Sunday afternoon master cooking class on how to prepare your foraged bounty in your own home kitchen, given by a group of the region's best chefs.
Stay tuned for details on our Friday night kick off dinner at The Big Sur Roadhouse and Sunday events!
Tickets are now on sale at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/big-sur-forager-festival-2015-tickets-12739388855.
Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/bigsurforagersfestival for this year’s new event venues or at www.bigsurforagersfestival.org. The Big Sur Foragers Festival Media Partner is Edible Magazine Monterey Bay.
Big Sur Foragers Festival Media Partner:
About Edible Monterey Bay
Founded in 2011, Edible Monterey Bay produces an award-winning quarterly magazine, a weekly e-newsletter and occasional events that celebrate the local food cultures of Monterey, Santa Cruz and San Benito Counties, season by season. For more information, go to www.ediblemontereybay.com or call (831) 298-7117.