Aspose.Imaging for .NET 2.5.0 now provides extensive support for PNG image format & now developers can specify angle for image rotation and more
Online PR News – 06-August-2014 – Lane Cove/ New South Wales – What's New in this Release?
We are pleased to announce the new release of Aspose.Imaging for .NET 2.5.0. With the release of 2.5.0, Aspose.Imaging for .NET supports setting the resolution for PNG image format. In order to provide this feature, the Aspose.Imaging for .NET API has exposed the ResolutionSetting class. The PngOptions class now has a property by the name ResolutionSettings that accepts an instance of the ResolutionSetting class to specify the horizontal & vertical resolution. One of the advantages of saving images in PNG format is that PNG can have transparent background. Aspose.Imaging for .NET has provided the feature to specify the transparency for PNG images. Starting from 2.5.0, Aspose.Imaging for .NET API has exposed the ResolutionSettings property for the PngOptions class that accepts an instance of the TransparentColorSetting class to specify any color that can be set as transparent color in the output image. With this release, the RasterImage class provides a Rotate method to help users who wish to rotate an image at a specific angle. The RasterImage.Rotate method accepts three parameters as listed below.
• Rotation Angle: A float type parameter specifies the rotation angle on which the image has to be rotated. A positive value rotates the image clockwise whereas a negative value performs an anticlockwise rotation.
• Resize Proportionally: A Boolean type parameter specifies if the image size has to changed according to the rotated rectangle (corner points) projections. If set to false, the image dimensions are untouched and only the internal image contents are rotated.
• Background Color: A color type parameter specifies the color to be filled in the background of the rotated image.
The main new and improved features added in this release are listed below
• Ability to specify Transparency for PngOptions class.
• Ability to specify the resolution while converting any image to PNG format
• Application hangs while resizing a small Gif Image is now fixed
• Generation of Corrupted Tiff images with .NET 3.5 when Platform Target is x86
• Conversion from PNG to JPEG renders the transparent area to black
• Bitmap. throws System.IndexOutOfRangeException on loading tiff image
• A text file with UCS-2 Little Endian encoding detects as Jpeg while using Image.GetFileFormat method
• Aspose.Imaging hanging is fixed while attempting resize a JPEG
• Conversion to 16bpp bitmap renders incorrectly is now corrected
• Line and text objects have incorrect position is now corrected
• System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Not enough data to convert to, expected 5280 bytes but got only 1320 free bytes
• Saved JPEG images damaging issue is resolved
• Saved JPEG images differ from source images is now fixed
• Saved JPEG images were damaged and are now fixed
• [Dxf to Pdf] Support Leader/MLeader objects.
• Add implementation of jpeg saving process with native RGB format.
• To rotate an image to user defined angle value
• Image has EXIF data but Aspose.Imaging returns it to be NULL is fixed
• Unable to read file. Exception:Unable to read values for Xresolution tag. Message : Cannot read 8 bytes from the stream
• Using Graphics.DrawImage to draw a GIF produces low quality image is now enhanced
• Converting a possibly damaged Tiff to Jpeg goes into an infinite loop is fixed
• Green lines when loading jpeg image is now fixed
• Allow user to choose between png filters and make none filter default to improve performance.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Imaging for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Imaging for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Rotating an Image on a Specific Angle: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/imagingnet/Rotating+an+Image+on+a+Specific+Angle
- Setting Resolution for PNG Images: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/imagingnet/Setting+Resolution+for+PNG+Images
Overview: Aspose.Imaging for .NET
Aspose.Imaging for .NET is an image processing & manipulation component that allows developers to create, edit, draw or convert images in their .NET application. It allows developers to convert image files to PSD, BMP, JPEG, PNG, TIFF and GIF formats. Moreover a set of pens, brushes and fonts can be used to draw images or add new elements & text to existing images. Aspose.Imaging for .NET works well with both web & windows applications. Moreover, it adds the support for Silverlight platform.
More about Aspose.Imaging for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.Imaging for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/.net/imaging-component.aspx
- Download Aspose.Imaging for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.imaging-for-.net/default.aspx
- Online documentation Aspose.Imaging for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/imagingnet/Home
- Demos of Aspose.Imaging for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.imaging/default.aspx
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Imaging for .NET Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.imaging-product-family/498/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Imaging for .NET blog: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-products/aspose.imaging-product-family.html
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066