Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.5.0 now supports the much requested features for adding, inserting and updating group shapes on slides.
Online PR News – 23-July-2014 – Lane Cove/ New South Wales – What's New in this Release?
We are happy to share the announcement of Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.5.0. We have introduced much requested features for adding, inserting and updating group shapes on slides. Previously, it was only possible to update group shapes already in presentations by accessing them. But now, it is possible to create group shapes from scratch and add new shapes to group shape collection. For more details about the supported features, please visit the documentation article working with Group Shapes. We have also added support for identifying if a presentation is password protected or not without even loading the presentation. We have enhanced the presentation rendering support and have resolved issues related to improper tables, SmartArt, text and chart rendering in generated slide thumbnails and exported PDF files. We have resolved issues pertaining to accessing and saving presentations that resulted in different exceptions in earlier product versions. Issues of corrupted presentation files generated have also been addressed in this release. The slide cloning support has also been improved by rectifying issues of cloning slides with video and charts on them. The issue of wrong layout slide applied during slide cloning has also been rectified in this release. We have enhanced chart support in this release and have resolved issues related to setting the chart category direction, formatting chart labels, setting font related properties for different chart entities and radar chart support. We have made several enhancements to the new API. Please visit the documentation article Public API and Backwards Incompatible Changes in Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.5.0 for further reference. We are hopeful to overcome these limitations in upcoming versions.
• Support for creating group shapes
• Support to determine if Powerpoint presentations are password protected without loading them
• Add license expiry date checking in export operations
• Implement slide transitions serialization to PPT
• Implement audios serialization to PPT
• NullReference exception is resolve on cloning slide with video
• Text in the table is distorted after conversion to PDF is now fixed
• The Data Point text in the Chart is distorted and very hard to read is now fixed
• Layout slide applied differently than PowerPoint in destination presentation for source slide using Aspose.Slides
• Presentation repair message for Aspose.Slides cloned presentation
• The presentation generated using Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.4.0 is twice the size of the same in Aspose.Slides for .NET 8.4.0 is now fixed
• Saving the presentation causes PowerPoint to crash is now fixed
• Chart gets distorted when coping slides from one Presentation to the other
• Images rendering issues are resolved, shape distortions
• TextFrames don't inherit properties of characters from the TextMasterStyleAtoms.
• Setting the chart category axis direction hide the category axis data
• Slide comments are now easily read for PPT presentations
• Table Layout gets disturbed after saving the PPT file is now fixed
• Table Font Changes on saving the presentation file is fixed
• Issue is resolved for PPTX to PNG conversion: Chart is not showing in the generated file
• Setting font related properties for different chart entities are fixed & now working
• Radar chart broken on changing the value is now fixed
• Formatting Data Labels are fixed and now working correctly
• PPT presentation is corrupted after resaved with Slides is fixed
• SmartArt is improperly rendered in thumbnail is now fixed
• Text getting improperly rendered in generated thumbnails is now corrected
• Graph missing in Thumbnails is fixed
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Slides documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Slides for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Working with Group Shapes: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/slidesnet/Working+With+Group+Shapes
- Creating Shape Thumbnails: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/slidesnet/Creating+Shape+Thumbnails
Overview: Aspose.Slides for .NET
Aspose.Slides is a .NET component to read, write and modify a PowerPoint document without using MS PowerPoint. PowerPoint versions from 97-2007 and all three PowerPoint formats: PPT, POT, PPS are also supported. Now you can create, access, copy, clone, edit and delete slides in your presentations. Other features include PPT/PPTX printing, PPT to XPS format, saving PowerPoint slides into PDF, adding & modifying audio & video frames, using shapes like rectangles or ellipses and saving presentations in SVG format, streams or images.
More about Aspose.Slides for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.Slides for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/.net/powerpoint-component.aspx
- Download Aspose.Slides for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.slides-for-.net/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Slides for .NET at: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/slidesnet/Home
- Demos of Aspose.Slides for .NET at: http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.slides/default.aspx
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Slides for .NET Forum:
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Slides for .NET blog at: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.slides-product-family/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd, Suite 163,
79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066