We're looking for cutting-edge solutions aimed at predicting events or behaviours with special focus on the “Property” ecosystem & Services for the Silver Age
Online PR News – 20-February-2023 – United Kingdom – Vittoria hub, the first Open-Innovation-based Insurtech incubator in Italy, is launching its fourth Call for Ideas addressed to Start-ups operating not only in the Italian and European markets (including the English one) but also in the US market.
By keeping the 4 ecosystems (Person – Health & Wellness, Property, Mobility and Connected Business) – centrepiece of the incubator’s vision – unchanged, the new Call is focused on identifying innovative projects proposing predictive analysis systems. Special attention will be given to solutions that can be applied to “Property” and Silver Age services belonging to the “Person” ecosystem.
The Call is addressed to newly formed companies with two different types of maturity: early stage and post seed. Post-seed Start-ups with the highest maturity level, the so-called “Red Carpet”, may be subject to ad hoc selection by Vittoria hub team of experts.
Business ideas can be submitted till 30th April 2023, by filling out the online form that is available here.
Predictive analysis: the goal of the IV Call for Ideas
This Call’s goal is to attract recently formed companies – not necessarily operating in the insurance sector or similar – which develop technologies such as Predictive Analytics, AI, IOT and Oracles also with the possible use of new paradigms of Web 3.0 and the Productive Metaverse for the prediction of upcoming events or behaviours.
The ultimate goal is to provide new user experiences and innovation at the level of the risk-taking process in the digital channel, whilst supporting the creation of new parametric and embedded policies. The first concept defines those highly innovative covers capable of recognizing the insured a pre-established indemnity upon the occurrence of a certain event, regardless of the damage caused, while the second term indicates those guarantees that can be purchased in combination with the products to be insured such as electronic locks (or anti-theft systems) which are insured against burglary damage.
In particular, Vittoria hub will be focused on the potential development of the following types of insurance contracts:
1. Pay-per-use or money back policies: models with soft automatic underwriting with reduced average cutbacks. In this context, the variable premiums would depend on the detection or measurement carried out by third parties through the so-called “oracles” or give rise to forms of money back, due to virtuous behaviours.
2. Pay-per-event policies with smart contract: selection of specific events to regulate risk-taking with digital contracts in the IFTTT (“if this then that”) form which provide for certain and predefined indemnities upon the occurrence of certain circumstances and which do not require evaluations or appraisals.
3. Digital and cyber physical policies associated with specific IoT objects and sensors available in the physical world and/or digital twins of the virtual representation of the object and uniquely identified with NFTs and DIDs that can be served with secure and protected protocols according to the new paradigms of Web 3.0 and/or the Productive Metaverse.
You can find the online form to be filled in to participate here.
Via2: the growth path for Start-ups
Selected start-ups will have the chance of accessing the program called Via2 (Vittoria Incubation, Adoption & Acceleration) aimed at a growth path from the idea to the go to market.
Here are the 3 steps of the program:
1. Incubation, from Business Idea to MVP, Minimum Viable Proposition,
2. Adoption, from MVP to Proof Of Concept of interoperability with ecosystems and Vittoria infrastructure,
3. Acceleration, from «POC Vittoria» to the first entry into the national and international markets.
For more information please see the website of Vittoria hub.
Services provided by Vittoria hub and partners
Start-ups entering Vittoria hub benefit not only from important financial support but also from services for the development and growth of their company such as mentorship, sustainable development, financial and operational support, logistic and administrative services.
To date, the network is also made up of the following company partners: G2 Startups; Knowhedge; Doppia Elica; Altea; Backtowork; ClubDealOnline; CRIF; Design Group Italia; Doppia Elica; E-levation; F2A; Fair Connect; Fintastico; Gellify; HORSA Group; HubSpot; Italian Insurtech Association; Logotel; LCA; Maps; Microsoft; Opera Logica; Orrick; Osservatorio Polimi; Robosque and Studio Delta. Start-up partners: Lokky and Hlpy.