A look at France’s updated list of standards presumed to demonstrate conformity with the provisions in Decree 91-1292 for childcare articles.
Online PR News – 08-September-2021 – Geneva, Switzerland – Suppliers of children’s products onto the French market are advised that the authorities have updated their list of standards that give presumption of conformity.
Published in the French Official Journal on July 18, 2021, this list contains standards that are presumed to demonstrate conformity with the provisions of Decree 91-1292. This decree aims to prevent risks arising from the use of childcare articles.
Included in the latest list are standards such as:
• NF EN 14988 + A1:2020 – Children’s highchairs – Requirements and test methods
• NF EN 13210-1:2020 – Children’s harnesses, reins – Safety requirements and test methods
• NF EN 13210-2:2020 – Children’s harnesses incorporating backpacks and reins – Safety requirements and test methods
• NF D 60-300-4:2019 – Children’s furniture – For domestic use – Part 4: Requirements and test methods for toddler beds
Stakeholders should be aware that:
• NF EN 15918 +A2:2018 – Cycle trailers – Safety requirements and test methods is a new officially published standard and does not replace a previous publication
• NF EN 1273: 2005 – Baby walking frames – Safety requirements and test methods has not been replaced by the revised version published in 2020
To ensure a smooth transition, products conforming to previous standards can be manufactured or imported until July 1, 2022. After the end of this transition period, it will still be possible to sell already constituted stocks.
Stakeholders should also be aware that products conforming to standards that transpose the corresponding European standard – in EU Member States, European Economic Area (EEA) or Turkey – will be recognized as equivalent.
SGS Childcare Product Services
SGS offers a wide range of services to ensure that products comply with relevant standards for childcare articles and children’s equipment. They provide consulting, training, product development, testing, audit and inspection services to ensure that products comply with strict regulations worldwide, demonstrating the safety and quality of juvenile products being brought to the market. Learn more about SGS’s Childcare Product Services. [http://www.sgs.com/en/consumer-goods-retail/toys-and-juvenile-products]
For further information contact:
Juvenile Products International Expert
Tel: +33 6 28 50 25 88
We are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. Our 93,000 employees operate a network of 2,600 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world.