The new city brand of "Guayaquil" has the objective of strengthening identity, attracting tourism and investment
Online PR News – 06-August-2021 – Miami, FL – The city brand of GUAYAQUIL, Ecuador was launched. A project created by the Municipality through the Municipal Public Company for the Management of Innovation and Competitiveness: ÉPICO, which seeks to position the city internationally as a safe destination to invest and visit.
The new brand seeks to repower the qualities of the city, to show that in the face of adversity it has risen, despite the fact that Guayaquil was the city most affected by the pandemic, it has reinvented itself. "In the midst of a pandemic, we launched the city brand and the world will know that Guayaquil doesn´t give up," said Cynthia Viteri, Mayor of Guayaquil.
This management has been carried out with the vision of ÉPICO and its commitment to turn Guayaquil into a city of the future, which generates work and attracts business, it is a green brand that encourages sustainable economic growth.
The GUAYAQUIL city brand's main objective is to position Guayaquil internationally, to compete and stand out among the most important cities in Latin America. This project will show the world the locations, beautiful landscapes and the warmth of its people, who are characterized by being friendly, cheerful and with an entrepreneurial spirit. It is a project designed to promote the development of the city, reactivate the economy and strengthen its identity.
Among the objectives of the GUAYAQUIL city brand is also to create a sense of belonging, make the citizens of Guayaquil proud, make them the main ambassadors of the attributes of Guayaquil and identify the city as the
destination that has hard-working, enterprising, inclusive, eco-friendly, gastronomic, touristic and warm people.
BENEFITS OF GUAYAQUIL CITY BRAND:
• Ability to compete against major Latin American cities
• Creation of an identity and image that represents the people of Guayaquil.
• Attraction of international tourism and foreign investment
• Sense of belonging and identity
• Identify the segments of interest according to each sector.
• Promote Guayaquil with its attributes, gastronomy, culture and infrastructure, as an ideal destination for tourists.
• Position Guayaquil as an inclusive, eco-friendly and positive city.
• Promote entrepreneurship and business through different programs.