New connector improves task design for integrations and the flow of data into/out of staging tables
Online PR News – 08-July-2021 – Poole, Dorset, UK – Codeless Platforms is pleased to announce the release of its Microsoft SQL Server Connector v1.0. The pre-built Connector provides instant access to a nominated SQL Server database and can automate data migration and business processes.
All communication uses XML, and Recordset data can be mapped to required XML elements directly in the Connector itself without the need for conversion. This Connector expands on the existing functionality available within Codeless Platforms’ Database Query and Call Stored Procedure tools.
Features and functionality included in the Microsoft SQL Server Connector v1.0 include:
• On-premises and cloud instances supported.
• Control which databases are available at task design and run times.
• Standard SQL commands (CREATE, DELETE, UPDATE) are supported.
• MERGE command support, where child records are updated or added depending on a key being available.
• This simplifies task design as it removes the need to have a check for existing child records and separate steps for the ADD and UPDATE operations.
• Use of lookups to replace a value in a table with the values from another, for example, a foreign key ID with the corresponding description from another table.
• Memory support for ODBC, OLEDB, Call Stored Procedure, and internal repositories.
• Combine parent-child tables into a single business object for use in a task step.
• Pass-through fields support, which act in a similar manner to SupplementaryReference. Data is passed directly to the step output documents bypassing SQL Server itself.
Sue Dear, Product Director, Codeless Platforms: “This is a new product designed primarily to improve task design for integration with Microsoft Server SQL databases and the flow of data into/out of staging tables, thus removing the previous requirement to rely on stored procedures and cutting down on the number of steps required in a task. This is the first tool to make use of our new SDK, so users will experience a new UI at step design similar to the WSCT and Transform Data tools. This includes all functions included in our transformation layer, plus a new feature for filtering. Additionally, a recordset shaping feature is available in this tool to allow for recordset inputs to be used in the tool, and then shaped to introduce complex parent/child structures if required.”
The Microsoft SQL Server Connector tool pack consists of:
Microsoft SQL Server Connector Agent — The Agent communicates directly with the SQL Server API. It can be installed on any computer that has access to both the BPA Platform server and the required SQL Server instance, local to the BPA Platform server, or the server instance hosting the SQL Server database.
Microsoft SQL Server Connector — The Connector communicates with the Microsoft SQL Server Connector Agent instead of interacting directly with the SQL Server database. It must be installed on the BPA Platform server and any remote BPA Platform client machines which run Microsoft SQL Server Connector tasks.
Microsoft SQL Server Connector system requirements
The Microsoft SQL Server Connector requires BPA Platform 2020 Update 1 or above.
The following versions of SQL Server are supported:
• Microsoft SQL Server 2012
• Microsoft SQL Server 2014
• Microsoft SQL Server 2016
• Microsoft SQL Server 2017
• Microsoft SQL Server 2019
Note that the following SQL Server platforms are also supported:
Visit our partner area to access and download the Microsoft SQL Server Connector 1.0 along with its accompanying white paper.
About Codeless Platforms
Founded in 1999, Codeless Platforms is at the forefront of business process automation and rapid application development. We have a proven track record of developing and delivering agile, flexible and robust next generation software solutions, empowering businesses to get the most from their data as well as the ability to respond to the rapidly changing business demands of today. Our knowledge of the marketplace and channel has grown in line with this development and established us as a highly experienced and reputable software company, working closely with partners and software vendors, such as Access, Epicor, Infor, Microsoft, Sage, SAP and SYSPRO. With over 450 global partners, more than 8500 customers use Codeless Platforms’ software solutions, ranging from diverse global organisations to the small local enterprise. The company is headquartered in Poole, UK, with representative offices throughout the world. Learn more at https://www.codelessplatforms.com/