A look at China’s new footwear product standard for slippers – QB/T 4552-2020.
Online PR News – 03-July-2021 – Geneva, Switzerland – The Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information Technology issued an updated version of its product standard for slippers – QB/T 4552-2020 – on December 9, 2020. This came into effect on April 1, 2021, thereby replaced the previous iteration – QB/T 4552-2013.
QB/T 4552-2020 applies to all forms of daily use slipper, except disposable slippers.
There are multiple updates brought in by the new standard. These include the following revisions:
• Appearance quality requirements – must comply with GB/T 36975-2018, 5.2
• Pull-out force of the upper band :
o Cold gluing, sewing and gluing process – no less than 80N
o Rivet assembly – no less than 50N
o Torn material and band not pulled out from the bonding – no less than 30N/cm
• Abrasion resistance of outsoles – length of abrasion – no more than 15.0mm (phenomenon of wearing through of the outsole shall not appear)
• Slip resistance – if a slipper has anti-slip function, the wet dynamic friction coefficient must not be less than 0.4
• Colorfastness to rubbing of lining and insock:
o Suede and leather: wet, more than or equal to Grade 2
o Leather, textile, fur, artificial wool and other materials: wet, more than or equal to Grade 3
• Odor: less than or equal to Grade 3
• Decomposable harmful aromatic amine dyes:
o Textiles: no more than 20 mg/kg
o Leather, fur: no more than 30 mg/kg
• Free or partially hydrolytic formaldehyde content:
o Direct contact to skin: no more than 75 mg/kg
o No direct contact to skin: no more than 300 mg/kg
o White sheared sheepskin: 600 mg/kg
• Bonding durability of the upper to sole: no less than 25N/cm
• Safety requires for infant and children’s slippers – must comply with GB 30585
There are also modifications to the inspection items and qualification judgements, plus an added informative appendix – ‘list of harmful aromatic amine dyes’.
Stakeholders are advised to check their products against the latest product standard.
SGS Softlines Services
SGS has a worldwide network of over 40 state-of-the-art laboratories, including 10 in China, specializing in testing of apparel, footwear, and home textiles. Their committed team is drawn from multi-disciplinary backgrounds, allowing them to carry out a comprehensive range of physical, chemical, and functional testing services for components, materials and finished products. SGS helps companies ensure quality, performance, and compliance with international, industrial, and regulatory standards worldwide. In the end, it’s only trusted because it’s tested. Learn more about SGS’s Softlines Services. [http://www.sgs.com/softlines]
For further information contact:
Consumer and Retail - Softlines
US & Canada Softlines Business Head
Tel: +1 973 461 7919
We are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. Our 89,000 employees operate a network of 2,600 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world.