• Prime Healthcare Foundation, a non-profit health system, recognized the need to provide behavioral health services to the Glendora community,
Online PR News – 12-June-2021 – Ca – Prime Healthcare Foundation and College Health Enterprises Expand Award-Winning Behavioral Health Services for the Glendora Community as College Health Enterprises Acquires Glendora Oaks Behavioral Health Hospital
• Prime Healthcare Foundation, a non-profit health system, recognized the need to provide behavioral health services to the Glendora community, establishing award-winning behavioral health and geriatric behavioral health services.
• Prime Healthcare Foundation chose College Health Enterprises, an industry leader in the provision of behavioral health services, to continue operating Glendora Hospital and expand needed behavioral health services in Glendora and the surrounding communities.
• In collaboration, Prime and College Health expanded the number of licensed behavioral beds to expand community services.
• College Health specializes in behavioral health services and has committed to maintaining charity care and community benefit services, retaining hospital staff and intends to expand the number of staff, beds and patients.
• The Attorney General provided conditional approval of the sale. During the sale close process and beyond, Glendora Hospital will remain focused on its mission of providing the community with high-quality behavioral healthcare services.
(Glendora, CA – June 9, 2021) – College Health Enterprises and the Prime Healthcare Foundation, a non-profit 501(c)(3) charitable organization, are completing the sale of Glendora Oaks Behavioral Health Hospital after receiving conditional approval by the California State Attorney General.
In response to the growing need for inpatient behavioral health services, Prime Healthcare Foundation established Glendora Oaks Behavorial Health Hospital in 2019. Prime invested more than $14 million in Glendora Oaks through substantial facility and equipment upgrades, including a recent bed expansion. Prior to the sale closure, College Health also invested substantial resources at Glendora Hospital to further expand the licensed bed count.
The Prime Healthcare Foundation recognized the need for inpatient psychiatric services for seniors and invested resources to establish one of the only inpatient geriatric psychiatric facilities in East San Gabriel Valley at Glendora Oaks, earning awards for its clinical excellence, including accreditation from The Joint Commission and the Patient Safety Excellence Award from Healthgrades. When the sale closes, College Health will continue providing superior, inpatient behavioral health services for seniors and plans to increase the total licensed beds. College Health has further agreed to maintain the hospital’s commitment to charity care and community benefit services, retain 90% of the current employees, and maintain privileges for current medical staff. College Health is committed to continuing the mission of Glendora Hospital to provide behavioral health services to the community and address the shortage of behavioral health services in Southern California. The sale is expected to be complete within the month with no interruption of care.
Prime Media Contact: College Health Media Contact:
Elizabeth Nikels Samantha K. Feld
ENikels@primehealthcare.com / 909-235-4305 firstname.lastname@example.org / 949-574-3389