China publishes a new mandatory standard for infant feeding bottle and teats, which will become effective on November 1, 2021.
Online PR News – 16-December-2020 – Geneva, Switzerland – The Standardization Administration of China (SAC) has published a new mandatory standard for infant feeding bottle and teats.
Issued on October 21, 2020, the standard – GB 38995-2020 – covers the safety and performance requirements for:
• Infant feeding bottles
• Drinking accessories made of plastic, glass, metal, ceramic and silicone rubber
It does not apply to feeding bottle and teats for medical use.
GB38995-2020 lists the following requirements:
• General requirements – appearance. edges and points, print adhesion, volumetric accuracy, small parts, sealing discs, puncture test and tear resistance
• Performance test – resistance to boiling water, thermal shock, effectiveness of sealing disc, transparency
• Matched components – size requirement, length requirement, retention test, flexibility, drop test
• Additional requirements include:
• Resistance to compression deformation for plastic bottles
• Thermal shock for glass bottles
• Water resistance for glass bottles
• Internal stress test for glass bottles
• Mechanical impact strength for glass bottles
China’s new mandatory standard for infant feeding bottle and teats will come into effect on November 1, 2021.
SGS Toy & Juvenile Product Services
SGS offers a wide range of services to ensure that products comply with relevant standards for childcare articles and children’s equipment. They provide consulting, training, product development, testing, audit and inspection services to ensure that products comply with strict regulations worldwide, demonstrating the safety and quality of juvenile products being brought to the market. Learn more about SGS’s Toy & Juvenile Product Services. [http://www.sgs.com/en/consumer-goods-retail/toys-and-juvenile-products]
For further information contact:
Technical Manager (Hardlines)
Tel: +86 (0)21 61072702
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.