“Global Weight Management Market Report” aims to identify and analyze products and services that specifically induce weight loss and enable individuals to maintain weight.
Online PR News – 25-August-2009 – – Global Weight Management Market – Unraveling the opportunities
“Global Weight Management Market Report” aims to identify and analyze products and services that specifically induce weight loss and enable individuals to maintain weight. The global weight management market is estimated to reach US$586 billion in 2014 from about US$363 billion in 2009.
Device and accessories is the largest market under weight management, and is expected to be US$181 billion in size by 2014, owing to the role of brands targeting the youth, and growing adoption rate in the female population. However, the highest CAGR of 14.7% from 2009 to 2014 is expected to come from the services segment. Artificial sweeteners used in low calorie food and beverages such as hoodia gordonii, inulin etc are driving the CAGR of ingredients in low calorie F&B to about 11.2% from 2009 to 2014. Emergence of new artificial sweeteners that claim to preserve the traditional flavors are gaining in demand.
Weight management service market is lucrative as it exhibits the highest CAGR over the period of 2009 to 2014. There are not many food chains which specialize in serving health food. Diet chains service providers are now expanding this low tapped segment by providing better and healthy food.
The market is currently restrained due to a confused positioning. Number of weight loss methods available in the market are making it difficult for market players to drive brand recall among the consumers. Failed attempts to reduce weight by the consumers discourage them to go in for further weight loss trials. Hence it is very essential for market players to understand the target audience and their specific needs to provide them umbrella solutions.
The significantly high rate of new products in the weight management segment necessitates industry participants to adopt proactive strategies. Moreover, the larger chunk of the market is not only driven by significant products such as fitness devices and food market, there also exist added opportunities in the minor market such as for fitness accessories. This necessitates a further need to understand clearly the characteristics and demand for the micro-markets so as to obtain a holistic view of the industry. North America is the largest market for weight management. However, Europe is catching up with an expected CAGR of 10.2% during the period 2009 to 2014, owing to increased adoption of the services and products. Asian markets are expected to ensure long term growth due to increased health awareness.
The weight management market is highly fragmented and dominated by the unorganized sector. The key players in the weight management market are Abbott Nutrition, GSK, Roche, Atkins Nutritionals, Brunswick, Jenny Craig, Kellogg, Merck, McNeil Nutritionals, Nestle, Reebok and Unilever. Agreements and collaborations, and new product launches are very popular strategies to combat competition. Both these strategies are consequential as several of the market players are entering into agreements and collaborations in order to promote their new products and to extend their presence in new geographies with no or very less cost compared to acquisitions. Our patent analysis indicates that rise in the obesity concerns has resulted in an apparent increase in the number of patents especially for weight loss ingredients and diet food products in 2008.
What makes our reports unique?
1. We provide the longest market segmentation chain in this industry- not many reports provide market breakdown upto level 5.
2. Each report is about 250 pages with 100+ market data tables, 40 competitive company profiles, analysis of 300 patents and minimum 50 micro markets, which are collectively exhaustive and mutually exclusive.
3. No single report by any other publisher provides market data for all the segments viz products, services, applications, ingredients, technology, and stakeholders in a single report for all the four geographies - US, Europe, APAC, ROW.
4. We provide 10% customization- normally it is seen that clients do not find specific market intelligence that they are looking for. Our customization Our customization will ensure that you necessarily get the market intelligence you are looking for and we get a loyal customer.
5. 15 pages of high level analysis including benchmarking strategies, best practices and the market?s cash cows (BCG matrix). We conduct detailed market positioning, product positioning and competitive positioning. Entry strategies, gaps and opportunities are identified for all the stakeholders.
6. Comprehensive market analysis for pharmaceutical and biotech companies, medical device manufacturers, pharma-research labs, doctors, physicians and hospitals, medical/pharma associations, retailers and super-retailers, technology providers, and research and development (R&D) companies.
Key questions answered
1. Which are the high-growth segments/cash cows and how is the market segmented in terms of applications, products, services, ingredients, technologies, stakeholders?
2. What are market estimates and forecasts; which markets are doing well and which are not?
3. Where are the gaps and opportunities; what is driving the market?
4. Which are the key playing fields? Which are the winning edge imperatives?
5. How is the competitive outlook; who are the main players in each of the segments; what are the key selling products; what are their strategic directives, operational strengths and product pipelines? Who is doing what?
Powerful Research and analysis
The analysts working come from renowned publishers and market research firms globally adding their expertise and domain understanding. We get the facts from over 22,000 news and information sources, a huge database of key industry participants and draw on our relationships with more than 900 market research companies across the world. We are inspired to help our clients grow by providing qualitative business insights with our huge market intelligence repository.
For more information, please visit :
Or email us at email@example.com or call +919272852585