The one-day event, scheduled for September 24 in Austin, Texas,
Online PR News – 28-May-2014 – Los Alamitos, CA – LOS ALAMITOS, Calif., 27 May 2014 -- The Target breach, Heartbleed, and most recently, Blackshades, are evidence that security breaches are on the rise. IEEE Computer Society's Rock Stars of Cybersecurity will give technology and business professionals the skills and knowledge they need to secure operations from threats.
The one-day event, scheduled for September 24 in Austin, Texas, features a lineup of security innovators, along with problem-solving, networking, collaboration, food, and exhibits. Attendees will come away with a newfound understanding of:
* The latest approaches to threat response
* How to secure business operations
* How to balance cybersecurity and privacy
* Big data's implications for security analytics
* And more.
Among the lineup of cybersecurity innovators sharing their knowledge at Rock Stars of Cybersecurity are:
* Sarath Geethakumar, Senior Director, Global Information Security, VISA
* Peter Fonash, Chief Technology Officer, US Department of Homeland Security
* Peder Jungck, Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, BAE
* Peter Allor, Cyber Security Strategist, IBM
* Gary McGraw, Chief Technology Officer, Cigital
* Brett Wahlin, Vice President and Chief Information Security Officer, HP
For a limited time, attendees can take advantage of Super Early-Bird registration and save more than 30 percent off full price. Register now for only $299 — for an entire day's worth of presentations, networking, and more. Team, member, and student pricing plans are also available.
About IEEE Computer Society
IEEE Computer Society is the world's leading computing membership organization and the trusted information and career-development source for a global workforce of technology leaders including: professors, researchers, software engineers, IT professionals, employers, and students. The unmatched source for technology information, inspiration, and collaboration, the IEEE Computer Society is the source that computing professionals trust to provide high-quality, state-of-the-art information on an on-demand basis. The Computer Society provides a wide range of forums for top minds to come together, including technical conferences, publications, and a comprehensive digital library, unique training webinars, professional training, and the TechLeader Training Partner Program to help organizations increase their staff's technical knowledge and expertise, as well as the personalized information tool myComputer. To find out more about the community for technology leaders, visit http://www.computer.org.