Arimidex contain Anastrozole is a non-steroidal aromatase-inhibiting drug approved for treatment of breast cancer after surgery.
Online PR News – 26-May-2014 – Liverpool – Liverpool, (http://pillsformedicine.com) : Arimidex contain Anastrozole is a non-steroidal aromatase-inhibiting drug approved for treatment of breast cancer after surgery, as well as for metastasis in both pre and post-menopausal women. The severity of breast increased cancer can be by estrogen, as sex hormones cause hyperplasia, and differentiation at estrogen receptor sites. Anastrozole works by inhibiting the synthesis of estrogen.
• ARIMIDEX is approved for adjuvant treatment (treatment following surgery with or without radiation) of postmenopausal women with hormone receptor-positive early breast cancer.
• This drug is approved for the initial treatment of postmenopausal women with hormone receptor-positive or hormone receptor-unknown locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer and for the treatment of postmenopausal women with advanced breast cancer that has progressed following treatment with tamoxifen. Patients with hormone receptor-negative disease and patients who did not previously respond to tamoxifen therapy responded to ARIMIDEX.
• Prescription ARIMIDEX is only for postmenopausal women. ARIMIDEX should not be taken if you are pregnant because it may harm your unborn child. Do not take this drug if you are allergic to any of its ingredients
• Based on information from a study in patients with early breast cancer, women with a history of blockages in heart arteries (ischemic heart disease) who take it may have a slight increase in this type of heart disease compared to similar patients who take tamoxifen
• It can cause bone softening/weakening (osteoporosis) increasing the chance of fractures. In a clinical study in early breast cancer, there were more fractures (including fractures of the spine, hip, and wrist) with it (10%) than with tamoxifen (7%)
• In a clinical study in early breast cancer, some patients taking ARIMIDEX had an increase in cholesterol. Skin reactions, allergic reactions, and changes in blood tests of liver function have also been reported
• In the early breast cancer clinical trial, the most common side effects seen with it include hot flashes, joint symptoms (including arthritis and arthralgia), weakness, mood changes, pain, back pain, sore throat, nausea and vomiting, rash, depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, fractures, swelling of arms/legs, insomnia, and headache
• In advanced breast cancer trials, the most common side effects seen with it versus tamoxifen include hot flashes, nausea, decreased energy and weakness, pain, back pain, headache, bone pain, increased cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and swelling of arms and legs. Joint pain/stiffness has been reported in association with the use of this product.
• This product should not be taken with tamoxifen or estrogen-containing therapies.
Store at room temperature. Protect from heat, light and moisture. Keep away from reach of children.
Liverpool, Merseyside, UK
Hi Friends, this is Anna Austen form Australia. I am completed P. HD in phamacy. Now i am working in pillsformedicine.com. I have lot of experience in medicines field. I also write blog on human health related product. Like Zocor, Amaryl, Creon, Careprost, etc.