VisionDirect.co.uk rebrands and overhauls its website with a host of new features to respond to direct feedback from its customers.
Online PR News – 24-May-2014 – London, UK – Following its recent acquisition by GetLenses.co.uk, VisionDirect.co.uk one of the UK’s largest online retailer of contact lenses, has rebranded and overhauled its website with a host of new features in response to direct feedback from its customers.
VisionDirect.co.uk wanted to ensure its customers were happy with the new visual aesthetics of the site as well as the customer experience it provides and following a survey of over 1,000 customers they have implemented the following changes:
• Free Next Day delivery is now standard
• The new website now has a faster checkout option with guest as standard. This now reduces the number of steps for ordering down from five to three
• A clean website design with no use of the colour red, as red has negative connotations for contact lens wearers
• Customers can now reach VisionDirect.co.uk through a local telephone number, 020 7768 5000, rather than 0845, so it can guide customers to the correct lenses without customers having to worry about their phone bills
• Just two price points for each product to avoid confusion. VisionDirect.co.uk has now implemented only a single and multi-box price
One of the largest changes under the rebranding is the new Vision Direct logo. When customers were shown the original logo, another option and the new logo, 85% of those surveyed ranked the new logo either their first or second favourite.
Ashley Mealor, Group Marketing Director at VisionDirect.co.uk commented on the amends, stating:
“VisionDirect.co.uk is the most well-recognised online brand in this sector with 49% of contact lens wearers knowing who we are. However recent research showed that our customers weren’t enjoying the best online shopping experience possible and so we went directly to the source to hear exactly what customers want. We are confident these new changes will have a significant impact on our current customers as well as attracting new customers so that we can continue to help the Vision Direct brand grow”.
VisionDirect.co.uk will continue to work with its customers on a regular basis to test, adapt and develop the website and every aspect of the business to ensure it provides the best possible customer service and user experience.