Seiko Instruments' S-1142 Series can be used as constant voltage power supplies for electronic home appliances and other electronic devices.
Online PR News – 15-July-2010 – – Seiko Instruments has developed the S-1142 Series high-withstand voltage CMOS process positive voltage regulator that has a low current consumption and a high output voltage accuracy. Operating at a high maximum voltage of 50V and a low current consumption of 4.0µA (Typ.), the S-1142 has a built-in low on-resistance transistor providing a very small dropout voltage and a large current. In addition, the S-1142 has a built-in power-off circuit.
An over-current protector prevents the load current from exceeding the capacitance of the output transistor, while a built-in thermal shutdown circuit prevents damage caused by heat. High density mounting can be achieved by utilizing a high heat radiation HSOP-6 package.
Typical S-1142 Series Features Include:
• Output voltage: 2.0 V to 12.0 V, selectable in 0.1 V step
• Low equivalent series resistance capacitor: Ceramic capacitor of 0.1 µF or more can be used as the I/O capacitor.
• Input voltage: 3.0 V to 50 V
• High-accuracy output voltage: ±1.0% (at Tj = +25°C), ±3.0% (Tj = -40°C to +105°C)
• Low current consumption: During operation: 4.0 µA typ., 9.0 µA max. (Tj = -40°C to +105°C)
During shutdown: 0.1 µA typ., 1.0 µA max. (Tj = -40°C to +105°C)
• Output current : 200 mA (at VIN ≥ VOUT(S) + 2.0 V) (*1)
• Built-in over-current protector: Limits over-current of output transistor
• Operation temperature range: -40°C to +105°C (S-1142xxxH only), -40°C to +85°C (S-1142xxxl only)
• Built-in thermal shutdown circuit: Prevents damage caused by heat
• Built-in power on/off circuit: Longer battery life
• Small package: HSOP-6
• RoHS Compliant Product
(*1) Attention should be paid to the power dissipation of the package when the output is large.
Typical Application for the S-1142 Series Include:
• Constant-voltage power supply for electrical applications for vehicle interiors
• Constant voltage power supplies for electronic home appliances