Southern California accounting firm promotes nine staff members at Irvine office
Online PR News – 29-January-2014 – Irvine, Calif. – Irvine-based Haskell & White LLP, one of Southern California’s largest independently owned accounting, auditing and tax consulting firms, announced the promotions of nine talented staff members. As one part of Haskell & White’s strategic approach to growing the organization internally, employee promotions strengthen and build consistency across the firm’s Tax and Audit and Business Advisory teams.
“Growing and advancing team members already in place complements outside recruiting efforts, as internal promotions are essential in structuring an organization that upholds our corporate mission, values and culture with ongoing continuity,” said Wayne Pinnell, managing partner of Haskell & White. “Developing our people yields employee longevity and is critical in providing a level of stability that’s paramount to our clients.”
Haskell & White’s new promotions include the following professionals:
• Angela Behrens has been promoted to principal in the Tax Department. With nearly 18 years at Haskell & White, the Corona del Mar resident has experience in transaction consulting, succession planning, estate and gift tax, and multi-state and international reporting. Behrens has a Master of Business Taxation from University of Southern California and a degree in business economics from The University of California, Los Angeles.
• Ryan Woodhouse has been promoted to principal in the Tax Department. With nearly nine years at Haskell & White, the Aliso Viejo resident has a broad spectrum of specialties, including real estate tax, taxation of distressed debt instruments and income tax provisions serving a variety of clients, both public and private from industries including: manufacturing, real estate, medical device, and professional services. The California State University, San Bernardino graduate has a degree in business and public administration.
• Matthias Weber has been promoted to principal in the Tax Department. Matthias has managed the tax accounts of large multi-state and multi-national corporations and coordinated restructuring and M&A projects, tax consulting, tax provisions, stock compensation matters, tax audits and accounting methods. Matthias has extensive experience serving a wide range of businesses in various industries. The Newport Beach resident has a Master of Business Taxation from University of Southern California, and a Bachelor of Science in business administration/finance from Chapman University, The George L. Argyros School of Business and Economics. Matthias also serves on the Board of Directors for Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County.
• Ian Martini, CPA has been promoted to senior manager in the Audit and Business Advisory Services Department. With more than eight years of public accounting experience, Martini has served publicly traded clients, medical device companies and real estate-related businesses. The Irvine resident graduated from the University of Southern California with bachelor’s and master’s degrees in accounting.
• Ryan L. Maes, CPA has been promoted to senior associate in the Audit and Business Advisory Services Department. He has a background in not-for-profit organizations and the arts and entertainment industry. With nearly three years at Haskell & White to his credit, Maes has served SEC, real estate and not-for-profit clients. The Orange resident graduated from the University of California, Irvine and holds a certificate in accounting through the University of California, Los Angeles extension program.
• Kari Walton has been promoted to in-charge associate in the Audit and Business Advisory Services Department. The Placentia resident joined Haskell & White in 2012 with three years of prior public accounting experience. As in-charge associate, Walton’s responsibilities include planning, supervising and executing audits. She received her bachelor’s degree in business administration with a concentration in accounting from Biola University.
• Glebb Popov has been promoted to in-charge associate in the Audit and Business Advisory Services Department. The Costa Mesa resident has been with Haskell & White for more than two years and has experience performing financial audits for real estate, medical, technology and services companies. Popov has a bachelor’s degree in business economics with an emphasis in accounting from the University of California, Santa Barbara.
• Patrick Frake has been promoted to in-charge associate in the Tax Department. With a bachelor’s degree in psychology from the University of Southern California and Master of Science in accountancy from California State University, Fullerton, the Mission Viejo resident will aid in the supervision of tax engagements while building strong client relationships.
• Peter Pecere has been promoted to in-charge associate in the Tax Department. Pecere’s leadership and client service outlook will be utilized in his new responsibilities to manage personnel and client engagements. The Huntington Beach resident has a Bachelor of Business Administration in accounting from Hofstra University.
About Haskell & White LLP
Haskell & White LLP is one of the largest independently owned accounting, auditing and tax consulting firms in Southern California, servicing public and private middle-market companies. With locations in Irvine and San Diego, Haskell & White combines the expansive services, knowledge, experience and reach of national and international accounting firms with the personal attention, responsiveness and value of a local organization. Haskell & White works with companies in a broad range of industries including real estate, manufacturing, distribution, life science, technology, and retail. The firm provides solid expertise and services to its clients in the tax and audit disciplines, including advising SEC registrants and consulting on mergers and acquisitions. Further information on Haskell & White can be found on the firm’s website, www.hwcpa.com. Connect with Haskell & White at www.facebook.com/haskellandwhite and www.twitter.com/haskellandwhite.