Aspose.OCR for Java introduced Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) support. The Aspose.OMR package can be used to recognize different marked elements in a scanned image.
Online PR News – 27-January-2014 – Lane Cove, NSW – The latest version of Aspose.OCR for Java 1.7.0 has been released. In this release they have introduced Optical Mark Recognition (OMR). The Aspose.OMR package can be used to recognize different marked elements in a scanned image. Recognition is processed based on a template that contains graphical mapping of the elements to be recognized from the scanned images. Programmers can now load templates and images, and extract data based on these.
The Aspose.OMR package provides the capability to extract data from a scanned image for the OMR Elements like Choice box, Check box, Grid, Barcode and OCR text. The BarcodeElement class is now available in the com.aspose.omr package which can be used to recognize a barcode from a scanned image. Aspose.OMR uses the Aspose.BarCode API to extract barcode information from OMR forms, therefore it is essential to add reference to aspose.barcode.jar to any project that uses barcode extraction.
During the document recognition process you may also extract an additional element – text. For this, developers need to incorporate the Aspose.OCR API in their projects because text recognition support is provided through Aspose.OCR’s core and template editor components. Check out the detailed article on Extracting Text from Scanned OMR Form.
This release includes plenty of new features as listed below
- Support for Optical Mark Recognition (OMR)
- Support BarCode API and barcode extraction
- Support OCR API and text extraction
- Detect checkbox is filled or empty
- Support of radio button element
- Support of grid element
- Sign jars with SHA-2 certificate
- Include Examples dashboard for Java products in Aspose.OCR for Java release
- Update 22-Oct-2013 EULA in Aspose.OCR for .NET
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.OCR for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.OCR for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Extracting OMR Data from an Image: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/OCRJAVA/Extracting+OMR+Data+from+an+Image
- Extract Barcode Data from a Scanned OMR Form: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/OCRJAVA/Extract+Barcode+Data+from+a+Scanned+OMR+Form
Overview: Aspose.OCR for Java
Aspose.OCR for Java is a character recognition component that allows developers to add OCR functionality in their Java web applications, web services and Windows applications. It provides a simple set of classes for controlling character recognitiontasks.It helps developers to work with image files from within their Java applications. It allows developers to extract text from images, Read font, style information quickly, saving time & effort involved in developing an OCR solution from scratch.
More about Aspose.OCR for Java
- Homepage of Aspose.OCR for Java: http://www.aspose.com/java/ocr-component.aspx
-Download Aspose.OCR for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.ocr-for-java/default.aspx
- Online Demos for Aspose.OCR for Java:
- Online documentation of Aspose.OCR for Java: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/ocrjava/Home
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.OCR for Java Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.ocr-product-family/493/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.OCR for Java blog: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-products/aspose-ocr-product-family.html