Aspose has released New Android API for MS PowerPoint Documents Processing known as Aspose.Slides for Android. It empowers Android developers to work with PowerPoint presentations in their applications without any dependence on Microsoft PowerPoint.
Online PR News – 16-January-2014 – Lane Cove, NSW – Aspose has released new Android API for Microsoft PowerPoint Documents Processing known as Aspose.Slides for Android. This new component has been built on top of their award winning product Aspose.Slides for Java, and inherits all the features and capabilities from that product except rendering options at the moment. The component empowers Android developers to work with PowerPoint presentations in their applications without any dependence on Microsoft PowerPoint. For more information about the product capabilities, please visit product description page.
Aspose.Slides for Android empowers the developers to create simple or complex presentations. It allows you to add variety of shapes and formatting them. The complete support for working with MSO charts has also been added in this release. It also provides the support for managing OLE frames, manipulating SmartArt shapes, using PowerPoint tables and ActiveX objects. The feature support for slide transition effects and incorporating the animations inside slides has also been made available in this new release. Please visit the below documentation link for list of available features in this new component.
At present Aspose.Slides for Android does not offer rendering support and you cannot convert PowerPoint presentations to PDF, XPS, TIFF, PDF notes, SVG and slide thumbnails in formats like BMP, PNG and JPEG. However, they are working on these features and subsequent releases of Aspose.Slides for Android shall inherit rendering support from Aspose.Slides for Java. In order to get started with the product, they have also added a complete programmer guide section that will enable you to verify and use different product features.
Some important enhancement & bug fixes included in this release are given below:
- Creating new PPT and PPTX presentations;
- Managing existing PPT and PPTX presentations;
- Adding, removing and updating slides, text, and shapes;
- Saving PPT in PPT and PPTX formats, saving PPTX.
- Exporting to PDF and other formats is not yet supported
- Creating slide thumbnails is not yet supported.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Slides for Android documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Slides for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Aspose.Slides for Android Product Overview: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/slidesandroid/Product+Overview
- Opening & Editing Existing Presentation: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/slidesandroid/Opening+a+Presentation
Overview: Aspose.Slides for Android
Aspose.Slides for Android is a PowerPoint component that lets Android developers create, read, write and modify a PowerPoint document without using MS PowerPoint. It helps managing presentations, slides, shapes, tables & supports PPT, PPTX, POS, PPS, POTX, PPSX formats within Android applications. Now you can add, access, copy, clone, edit & delete slides in your presentations. It also supports audio & video frames, adding pictures, text frames and saving presentations as streams or SVG format.
More about Aspose.Slides for Android
- Homepage of Aspose.Slides for Android: http://www.aspose.com/android/powerpoint-component.aspx
- Download Aspose.Slides for Android: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/74/android-components/aspose.slides-for-android/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Slides for Android: http://docs.aspose.com:8082/docs/display/slidesandroid/Home
- Demos of Aspose.Slides for Android: http://www.aspose.com/demos/java-components/aspose.slides/default.aspx
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Slides for Android Forum:
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Slides for Android blog: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.slides-product-family/default.aspx