Process Serving Chain Gains Green Momentum
Online PR News – 09-January-2014 – Chicago, IL – As an early adopter of green initiatives, Northshore Process Service Network understands the importance of collective efforts to encourage responsible stewardship of our planet’s environmental resources. The firm instituted its first green policy in 2006 and continues its commitment to this endeavor with active participation by all Process Servers, Paralegals, Court Runners, Legal Assistants, Private Investigators and administrative staff.
The mission of the green collaborative is to make us aware of our individual and firm-wide carbon impact and reduce these and to provide leadership on carbon-reduction issues. We work to raise awareness of issues relating to environmental and global climate change and to increase understanding of the environmental consequences of our choices.
The green policies have resulted in the firm’s adoption of environmentally responsible practices that conserve energy, reduce waste and recycle resources. The firm has invested in state-of-the-art video conferencing systems in all locations, allowing operatives and staff to communicate with their colleagues without unnecessary travel and has long been committed to promoting biking and mass transit.
"Northshore’s commitment to the environment isn’t new,” says Green Czar, Chris Martin. “Our Process Servers were active in establishing hybrid vehicle policies and electronic filings as far back as 2006”.
Examples of Northshore’s other firm-wide green initiatives include:
• Distributing alerts and memos to clients and staff via email rather than hard copy
• Sending invitations electronically for most events and conferences
• Producing and distributing annual pro bono and diversity reports electronically
• Using extranet sites for storing, transporting, and sharing case-related documents and
• Posting articles on sustainability, conservation and eco-conscious topics regularly on the
“Greenhouse” page on the firm’s intranet
• Replacing incandescent light bulbs with LED and other energy-efficient products
• Recycling office paper, newspapers and journals, plastic, aluminum cans and bottle caps
• Using flat panel monitors throughout the firm to reduce electricity consumption
• Virtualizing computer servers to reduce the need for additional physical servers, resulting in
lower demand for electricity
• Implementing duplex printing capabilities
• Turning off lights, devices/printers, and computers at the end of the day
Northshore Process Service Network embraces these and other green initiatives as it strives to raise awareness of the collective good that comes from making environmentally responsible decisions.
ABOUT NORTHSHORE PROCESS SERVICE NETWORK
Northshore Process Service is a full-service legal support firm with offices in North America, Europe and Asia. Since 1993, NPS has developed a reputation as one of the premier process serving and legal support firms globally. With over 100,000 visitors per month, NPS is the most widely used source for finding process servers. NPS assists lawyers, paralegals, legal assistants and the public with process serving and litigation support throughout the United States and abroad.
Northshore Process Service Network
1560 Sherman Avenue, Suite 301
Evanston, Illinois 60201-4803
211 E. 58th, New York, NY 10022