As a step in Visit Greenlands mission to attract more tourism to their beautiful island, the tourism organization have improved the mobile experience for their visitors.
Online PR News – 21-November-2013 – Nuuk, Greenland – The two new mobile initiatives have been developed to accommodate the continued rise in the use of mobile devices. The new initiatives each serve as mobile guides for the adventurers visiting Greenland, and the organization have big expectations for the new mobile guides. Visit Greenlands spokesperson Ella Grødem says “We strongly believe that the new mobile guides will make ‘the Greenland experience’ even better and more worthwhile for our tourists. The application makes it possible to record the routes and tracks, while travelling around the island. The recordings made, and images taken during the trip can be shared with fellow travellers, or family and friends back at home.”
This is some of the new features you will experience with the mobile application:
- Record your tracks while making them
- When you take pictures, the record mode will store the exact location for you
- Import route suggestions from Visit Greenland
- Share your routes and photos on Facebook
- Search for keywords, places, cities or states
- Download your points of interest from home and use them offline
- Catalog containing hundreds of suggestions for recreational areas such as National Parks and Nationals Forests
- Library which stores your placemarks, stats, routes and photos
While the new application is very useful while you are in Greenland, the new mobile site is more useful when preparing for the adventure.
The mobile site provides you with the same information which can be found on the original homepage. The mobile site simply makes it more user friendly and very easy to navigate. This enables you to surf the website, while you’re away from home. The decision is also made in recognition of the fact that the use of smartphones and tablets has increased greatly in recent years.
“With the addition of the new mobile solutions we now cover all the platforms the potential tourists of Greenland operate on. This should result in a better experience for our visitors and thereby a better result for tourism in Greenland”, says Ella Grødem
Visit the official mobile site on www.uk.m.greenland.com