Accounting firm Mallah Furman & Company renews 13,000 square foot lease at the Brickell Financial District office tower.
Online PR News – 19-November-2013 – MIAMI, FL – Brickell Bay Office Tower, a 32-story, Class A office tower in Miami’s Brickell Financial District, has completed new lease transactions totaling approximately 37,500 square feet. The largest transaction was a 13,000 square foot lease renewal with Mallah Furman & Company, one of South Florida’s largest accounting firms. All told, 13 leases were finalized at the 280,500 square foot office tower, with seven transactions representing renewals and/or expansions by existing tenants. Financial terms of the agreements were not disclosed.
The completed leases bring Brickell Bay Office Tower’s total office occupancy to approximately 92%, ranking it among Miami’s most stable and well-occupied buildings. The transactions also coincide with a large-scale capital improvement program that has seen $3 million in upgrades to the building’s common areas, a complete overhaul of its elevator system, and the installation of new chillers that will enhance the building’s water and energy efficiency.
“While our leasing team has been successful attracting new users to the tower, we’ve always prioritized keeping our existing tenant base intact,” said Christian Driussi, Vice President of Leasing at Brickell Bay Office Tower. “These latest renewals underscore how a well-maintained building benefitting from stable ownership and a premium location can compete for top-tier tenants with newer assets in the market.”
Following is a select breakdown of the transactions, with co-brokers noted where applicable:
• Certified public accounting firm Mallah Furman & Co., P.A. (represented by Tere Blanca and Alexander Cahlin of Blanca Commercial Real Estate)
• Law firm Stack Fernandez Anderson & Harris, P.A. (represented by Walter Byrd of Transwestern)
• Law firm Ronald Haber, Barry Lieber Attorneys at Law, P.A.
• Insurance company Hiscox, Inc. (represented by Clarissa Willis of CBRE)
• Global insurance company Ironshore Insurance Services, LLC (represented by Robert Orban of Studley)
• International financial services company Banif Finance USA, Corp. (represented by Vivian Gonzalez of CRESA South Florida)
• Private Equity firm The Equitium Group, LLC
• Latin American market financial advisory firm Cobaltum Partners LLC
• Private wealth, corporate and fund administration services company JTC Miami Corp.
• International law firm Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP (represented by Robert Orban of Studley)
• Freight services company Lauderdale Tankers Corp.
• Private banking institution DF Deutsche Forfait Americas, Inc. (represented by Shelton & Stewart Realtors)
• Information Technology firm MGNine, Inc. (represented by South Beach International Realty)
Other tenants at Brickell Bay Office Tower include global insurance giant AON Group, global technology/IT provider NEC Corporation, multinational integrated technology provider Syntel, international law firm Astigarraga Davis, the British Consulate, 1st United Bank, national bakery café chain Au Bon Pain, and publicly traded global strategic business advisory firm The Hackett Group.
Designed by the Luckman Partnership in 1985, Brickell Bay Office Tower offers floor plates ranging from 10,896 to 18,622 square feet. Amenities include an open-air marble atrium and lobby, beautifully-landscaped plaza area, on-site bank and ATM, lobby café, dry-cleaning and carwash services, 24-hour manned security, and a covered parking garage with an above-market ratio of 3 : 1,000.
For leasing information, please contact Brickell Bay Office Tower’s leasing team at (305) 536-1001. Learn more at www.1001brickellbay.com.