The Vietnamese Ministry of Labor, Invalid and Social Affairs (MOLISA) has announced new immigration rules which will affect the work permit application requirements and process, reports Nair & Co.â€™s Global HR Team.
Online PR News – 11-November-2013 – 1250 Oakmead Parkway, Suite 210 Sunnyvale, CA 94085, U.S – The Vietnamese Ministry of Labor, Invalid and Social Affairs (MOLISA) has announced new immigration rules which will affect the work permit application requirements and process, reports Nair & Co.â€™s Global HR Team. The new Labor Code is effective 1 November 2013.
Significant highlights of the new rules include the following:
* Hiring Foreign Nationals
* Companies seeking to hire foreign nationals because of lack of local qualified workers must report their requests and obtain a letter of approval from People's Committee of the province/city where the company's head office is located.
* Work Permit Application
* Applications for a work permit must include the above referenced letter of approval from People's Committee. Internal company transfers must provide evidence of employment for 1 year prior to the new assignment.
* Requests for renewing Work Permits must be submitted 5 to 15 days in advance of expiration.
* Additional Work Permit Category â€“ Technical Workers
* There are now four categories of workers who qualify for work permits.
Technical Workers who have proven qualifications have been added to the existing categories of Managers, Executives and Experts.
* Work Permit Exemption â€“ New Categories
* Exemptions now include certain teachers, holders of Masterâ€™s Degrees or higher who engage in consultation, research, volunteers, etc.
Companies planning to hire foreign workers in Vietnam may benefit from the new amendments, however should be mindful of new work Permit documentation requirements and procedures. Professional advice should be sought on the norms governing work permit requirements for skilled foreign labor.
For more information about doing business overseas or to know more about our International HR Laws team please contact us.
Subscribe to regular global tax compliance alerts from Nair & Co.
International Business Guide (IBG) is our online platform for companies wishing to optimize their multinational operations and would like to have specific business information for doing business in a particular country - Click Here.
Get the latest news releases and updates on international tax, HR, Finance, compliance and other legal news at Nair & Co. Industry Alerts.
About Nair & Co.
Nair & Co., the leader in international business expansion services, provides accounting, HR, legal, tax and compliance services for the set up and management of your international operations. Our model of a single-point-of-contact, supported by internal teams of experienced advisors, helps clients expand business and manage risk so they can focus on their core business and sustain growth with minimal risk, stress and cost. We support nearly 250 clients in over 70 countries. Nair & Co. is headquartered in Bristol, UK, has 450 employees and offices in China, India, Japan, Singapore, and the US. Learn more at www.nair-co.com
For media enquiries or to learn to more about Nair & Co., please email us at email@example.com or call Yvonne Smith at +1.408.501.8867