On September 16, 2013, the Official Gazette in Argentina published a decree to promote the software industry by allowing tax incentives to individuals and legal entities whose core activities are in the software sector.
Online PR News – 09-October-2013 – 1250 Oakmead Parkway, Suite 210 Sunnyvale, CA 94085, U.S – On September 16, 2013, the Official Gazette in Argentina published a decree to promote the software industry (Régimen de Promoción de Software) by allowing tax incentives to individuals and legal entities whose core activities are in the software sector. This law will promote the growth and position of the software industry to be one of the more rapidly expanding industries in Argentina, says Nair & Co. International Tax Advisory Services Team.
Further, the modifications to the regime will have added tax benefits. These tax incentives will remain in force until December 31, 2019. A list of eligible activities for the incentives regime has been published.
Following are some of the outlined requirements to remain enrolled in the registry. Producers of software and providers of technological services must:
* Maintain the same employee count as declared at the time of the registration;
* Apply different measures to report the execution of the promoted activities;
* Adhere to certain conditions, non-adherence of which may forbid software producers from applying or benefiting from the new regime such as failure to make good on tax obligations and criminal offences against board members.
Tax benefits to companies that develop software, under this promotional regime, may include:
* Exemption from VAT or reserve withholding.
* Annual income tax reductions to both domestic and foreign income.
* Tax credits against social security expenses for personnel related to the industry, in proportion to exports.
For more information about international taxation laws or our International Expansion Services team please contact Nair & Co.
Subscribe to regular global tax compliance alerts from Nair & Co.
International Business Guide (IBG) is our online platform for companies wishing to optimize their multinational operations and would like to have specific business information for doing business in a particular country - Click Here.
Get the latest news releases and updates on international tax, HR, Finance, compliance and other legal news at Nair & Co. Industry Alerts.