Aspose has introduced new feature in their latest release of Aspose.Taks for .NET using which you can write metadata to mpp files.
Online PR News – 11-September-2013 – Lane Cove, NSW – The long awaited version of Aspose.Tasks for .NET 5.8.0 has been released. With this release, they have introduced a new feature that allows you to write metadata to MPP files. This includes writing calendar, task, tasklink, resource and resource assignment metadata to MPP. This release also includes a number of bug fixes related to MPP files. These include display of tasks as summary tasks when MPP files were re-saved using Aspose.Tasks, writing baseline work and costs for Microsoft Project 2013 MPP files, getting the wrong Gantt chart view, and some Chinese language issues for task notes. Below is the complete list of new features and important bug fixes included in this release:
• Control over the task display properties similar to MSP task formatting
• Implement Meta data writing for MPP format.
• All Tasks shown as Summary Tasks when MPP re-saved using Aspose.Tasks
• Calculating critical path properly with SS Task link and lag is fixed
• TaskNotes doesn't support Chinese is now fixed
• Wrong Gantt chart view is fixed when PercentComplete changed using Aspose.Tasks
• Writing 24-hour calendar to mpp properly is improved
• WritingResource.BaselineWork, Resource.BaselineCost fields to mpp 2013 correctly is now enhanced.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Tasks for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Tasks for performing different tasks like the followings:
-Writing Metadata to MPP: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/tasksnet/Writing+Metadata+to+MPP
-Task Baseline Duration: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/tasksnet/Task+Baseline+Duration
Overview: Aspose.Tasks for .NET
Aspose.Tasks is a non-graphical .NET Project management component that enables .NET applications to read, write and manage Project documents without utilizing Microsoft Project. With Aspose.Tasks you can read and change tasks, recurring tasks, resources, resource assignments, relations and calendars. Aspose.Tasks is a very mature product that offers stability and flexibility. As with all of the Aspose file management components, Aspose.Tasks works well with both WinForm and WebForm applications.
More about Aspose.Tasks for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.Tasks for .NET:http://www.aspose.com/.net/project-management-component.aspx
- Download Aspose.Tasks for .NET:http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.tasks-for-.net/default.aspx
- Demos of Aspose.Tasks for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.tasks/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Tasks for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/tasksnet/Home
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Tasks for .NET Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.tasks-for-.net/96/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Tasks for .NET blog: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.tasks-for-.net/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066