Nominations are now open for The 7th Annual PRECIOUS Awards which shine a light on the entrepreneurial and leadership merits of women of colour in the UK. Categories include, New Business of the Year, Young Entrepreneur of the Year and the Leadership Award.
Online PR News – 04-September-2013 – London, UK – "I am delighted once again to give my support to the Precious Awards and to congratulate those who use their talent and initiative to start a business. Your awards will help to create great role models for others to follow. This is vital work and you have my full support.
David Cameron | UK Prime Minister
Nominations are now open for The 7th Annual PRECIOUS Awards. (www.preciousawards.com)
The awards, which were launched in 2007, shine a light on the entrepreneurial and leadership merits of women of colour in the UK. Categories include, Start-up Business of the Year, Young Entrepreneur of the Year and the Leadership Award.
The awards will be handed out at a glittering ceremony, set to take place in one of London’s most iconic settings: The Waldorf, London on the evening of October 24. The event will not only showcase the talents of many inspirational women of colour across the UK, but will also pay a special tribute one woman of colour with the presentation of The PRECIOUS ICON Award.
To mark the seventh year of shining a light on the UK’s most talented women of colour, two new awards categories have been launched. Woman in the City, celebrates the success of women in banking, law and the corporate world, while Woman in Media, highlights the impact of women of colour in television, radio and publishing.
The event takes place on October 24 and will be hosted by leading entrepreneur, Jessica Huie and Business Coach for the British Library, Rasheed Ogunlaru.
Nominations can be made via: www.preciousawards.com/categories
- Ends -
1. Nominations can be made by visiting: www.preciousawards.com/categories
2. Full list of categories: Young Entrepreneur of the Year| The Leadership Award | Social Enterprise of the Year| Woman in Media| Woman in the City| New Business of the Year| Business of the Year | Blogger of the Year| Man of the Year
3. Sponsors of the PRECIOUS Awards include the Centre of Excellence for Women's Entrepreneurship, Arik Air and ARISE
4. Tickets for the event can be purchased at: https://pa13.eventbrite.co.uk/
5. More information on the awards can be found on Twitter: @PRECIOUS_Awards
For additional information and interview opportunities about the PRECIOUS Awards, please contact Ms Foluke Akinlose MBE, Founder, email@example.com,
Contact telephone number: 07956 439 990 | @foluke