Free downloads available during the Cisco Live Las Vegas show June 28th to July 1st
Online PR News – 16-June-2010 – – Lexington, Mass. – Ipswitch, Inc., the developer of the WhatsUp Gold suite of innovative IT management software, announced today that it is soon releasing its Engineer’s Toolkit, designed to simplify daily network management tasks. The toolkit will be available as a free download during the Cisco Live show in Las Vegas beginning June 28th. The WhatsUp Gold Engineer’s Toolkit, backed by Ipswitch’s 19 years of delivering award-winning network management solutions, offers a single application designed to simplify the common, everyday tasks of the network engineer. With its broad and robust functionality, the new Engineer’s Toolkit will help monitor, diagnose and troubleshoot a vast majority of network issues including: design and planning; discovery; diagnostics; DNS verification; remote control; and configuration and credentials management.
The WhatsUp Gold Engineer’s Toolkit features a single installation and user-friendly interface and is the only toolkit that addresses this broad range of categories from a single-credential library, allowing users to access any tool without having to re-enter credentials. The toolkit also has exportable, printable and sharable reporting results to simplify troubleshooting and share with upper management and to report on activities and status.
“The WhatsUp Gold Engineer’s Toolkit is unlike any other toolset currently available,” said Steve Dalgar, MCSE, CCNA, CCDA and CISSP, network manager, Ipswitch, Inc., Network Management Division. “It was designed specifically to lighten the burden of daily network and system administration tasks. It also features a very friendly user interface that makes it easy to learn and use,” Dalgar said.
Pricing and Availability
For more information about the Engineer’s Toolkit, or to sign up for advance notification about availability and be entered for a chance to win an Apple iPad, please visit http://www.whatsupgold.com/PR/Toolkit
Engineer’s Toolkit Categories and Features
Design and Planning
* Properly design subnets to use existing address space more efficiently
* Stay informed on what devices are running on the network
* Quickly identify responding and non-responding addresses, and available ports
* Automatically gather IP address to MAC address information in the LAN
* Visualize real-time ping results for one node or multiple addresses or hostnames
* Rapidly discover device or network hop connectivity issues
* Generate test traffic on the WAN for capacity planning purposes
* Verify that corporate email servers have not been blacklisted
* Visualize performance across SNMP-enabled devices
* Quickly identify addresses with or without reverse DNS responses, or with forward DNS errors
* Verify the hierarchy of DNS resource records
* Remotely boot PC and servers
* Visualize any active session in any device in the network from a single console
Configuration and Credentials
* Remotely configure NetFlow across Cisco devices from a central console
* Easily recover Cisco type 7 forgotten passwords
About the Network Management Division of Ipswitch, Inc.
The Network Management Division of Ipswitch, Inc. is the developer of the WhatsUp Gold suite of innovative IT management software. WhatsUp Gold delivers comprehensive network, system, application and event log monitoring and management solutions for small and medium businesses and enterprises. Built on a modular, yet integrated architecture, the affordable and easy-to-use solutions scale with the size and complexity of any physical or virtual IT infrastructure. From a single console, WhatsUp Gold supports standard IT management tasks including automated discovery, mapping, real-time monitoring, alerting, troubleshooting and reporting. More than 100,000 networks worldwide use WhatsUp Gold solutions to assure the availability, health and security of their critical business infrastructure today.
Ipswitch, Inc.’s Network Management Division recently added to its product line complete, easy-to-use solutions for Windows Security Event Management (SEM) and Log Management for small businesses and enterprise-level organizations suite with the acquisition of Dorian Software Creations, Inc. WhatsUp Gold was named Network Management Product of 2010 by Network Computing Magazine and earned the Network Products Guide 2010 Product Innovation Award in Network Management.
To learn more about WhatsUp Gold – the best value in IT Management software, download a free trial or to make a purchase, please visit: http://www.whatsupgold.com/products/download/