Capability Helps Users Achieve Efficient Data Protection and Granular Recovery of Critical Email Infrastructure
Online PR News – 08-August-2013 – TORONTO, CANADA, August 08, 2013 – Asigra Inc., a leading cloud backup, recovery and restore software provider since 1986, today announced single-pass granular backup and recovery for Microsoft Exchange. The product update provides users with the added flexibility to recover at various levels of granularity, from single emails to complete databases. The Exchange enhancement also allows recovery operations across standalone email servers, server clusters or on virtual machines.
Tweet This: @Asigra Introduces Single-Pass Backup & Recovery for Microsoft Exchange – http://bit.ly/psJwGa - #cloud #backup
Business email is central to day-to-day business operations at today’s enterprises. According to the email research firm, the Radicati Group, “there are over 929 million business email accounts the world over which send and receive over a 100 billion emails each day. In 2013, the majority of email traffic is coming from business email, which accounts for over 100 billion emails sent and received per day. Email remains the predominant form of communication in the business space. While the loss of a single critical email can have negative business consequences to organizations lack of access to entire email systems can result in lost productivity, business risk, and the crippling of business operations.”
As part of Asigra Cloud Backup™ version 12.2, Asigra has architected its backup and recovery software to deliver enhanced data recovery for Exchange. This allows for specific, efficient, quick and granular recoveries of critical emails. Enhancements include:
· Single-pass Microsoft Exchange Backup: Recover data to the level of granularity needed from a single backup of the Microsoft Exchange database.
· Granular recovery: Restore the complete database, individual accounts, or just a single email based on user requirements.
· Restore location flexibility: Have the ability to recover the information to the same location that the data was backed up from or to an alternate location of the user’s choosing.
· Non-disruptive backups: Backup large all important email repositories without affecting the performance of the application.
· Enterprise scalability: Protect everything from single instances to large Exchange clusters in physical and virtual implementations.
· Automated and efficient: Automate backup operations through features that include scheduling options and automated inclusions of new mailboxes, reducing the need for manual intervention.
"According to our research, 89% of all business professionals across all industry sectors rely on email as their primary method of communication and information sharing," noted Steve Brasen, Managing Research Director at Enterprise Management Associates. "The ability to recover a single message or an entire Exchange database in a timely manner is essential to minimizing disruption to employee productivity in the event of an environment failure. This valuable addition to Asigra's cloud-based data recovery platform will greatly increase its attractiveness to organizations dependent on continuous access to IT to achieve business goals."
Asigra cloud-based data recovery software provides enterprise-wide backup and recovery for any data across physical, virtual and cloud environments. Capabilities include:
· A single comprehensive solution: By providing a single comprehensive solution for all backup and recovery needs, users can overcome the challenges of managing multiple point solutions in the enterprise.
· Recovery and restore assurance: Asigra’s recovery and restore assurance features such as autonomic healing and validation restore ensure the consistency and accuracy of data so that users can recover from backups every time; removing uncertainties related to recovery.
· Resource efficiency: Perform both source and target based de-duplication and compression to ensure optimum use of storage and network resources.
· Data security and compliance: Encrypts information at source using a NIST FIPS 140-2 certified algorithm that ensures that data is secure both in-flight and at rest, while ensuring that users are compliant with regulations such as HIPAA, European directive on protection of personal data, and SOX.
"For many of our clients, email is the lifeblood of their organizations. And the loss of even a single important email can have disastrous consequences," said Jennifer Walzer, CEO & Founder, BUMI (Backup My Info!, Inc). "With Asigra, we have the assurance that client data is always recoverable. From a single email, contact record or calendar item to an entire Exchange database, we're confident we can always restore our clients' critical information. The cloud-based data recovery solution is a proven approach that our customers depend on for their businesses."
“The speed, efficiency, and certainty of email recoveries are essential in today’s business environments,” said Helen Ching, Senior Product Marketing Manager, Asigra. “At Asigra, we understand this. This is why we have built a backup and recovery platform to support Microsoft Exchange users in achieving fast and effective data recovery of critical emails at Recovery Time Objectives set by the user. The enhancement is expected to be well-received by both current and new users of our software”
Pricing and Availability
Asigra Cloud Backup v12.2 with single-pass backup and recovery for Microsoft Exchange is available immediately. There are no additional license fees for existing Asigra users.
To learn more about Asigra, visit: www.asigra.com
Follow Asigra on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/asigra
Trusted since 1986, Asigra provides organizations around the world the ability to recover their data now from anywhere through a global network of partners who deliver cloud backup and recovery services as public, private and/or hybrid deployments. As the industry’s first enterprise agentless cloud-based recovery software to provide data backup and recovery of servers, virtual machines, endpoint devices, databases and applications, SaaS and IaaS based applications, Asigra lowers the total cost of ownership, reduces recovery time objectives, eliminates silos of backup data by providing a single consolidated repository, and provides 100% recovery assurance. Asigra’s revolutionary patent-pending Recovery License Model provides organizations with a cost effective data recovery business model unlike any other offered in the storage market. Asigra has been recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor and has been included in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup and Recovery Software since 2010. More information on Asigra can be found at www.asigra.com.
Asigra and the Asigra logo are trademarks of Asigra Inc. All other brand and product names are, or may be, trademarks of their respective owners.
 Radicati, Email Statistics Report as Featured in CNN Money, 2013-2017 - http://bit.ly/1dVsGyj
The Ventana Group