With Aspose.Words for Android, you can easily generate, modify, convert and render a great number of Microsoft Word and other formats and convert a loaded document in one format to any other supported format.
Online PR News – 06-August-2013 – Lane Cove, NSW – Aspose development team is proud to announce the availability of Aspose.Words for Android. Now you can have all the powers of Aspose.Words when developing applications for the Android operating system. Aspose.Words for Android is a document creation, conversion and manipulation component for Android developers, which supports performing a wide range of document processing tasks with any Microsoft Word formats. Aspose.Words for Android is a new product but at its core is already backed by more than half a million lines of code from its parent component, Aspose.Words for Java, from which it is automatically ported from. Aspose.Words components are proven in their field for high fidelity conversions, rich API and ease of use when working with Word formats to perform tasks such as loading, converting and manipulating Word documents. Aspose.Words for Android and has been introduced to meet the growing need of quality document conversion and management tools for mobile development.
Formats Supported on Load and Save
Formats Supported on Save
The most notable new and improved features in this release are listed below:
• Copy and move document elements between documents.
• Join and split documents.
• Get and set built-in and custom document properties.
• Specify document protection, open protected and encrypted documents.
• Find and replace text, enumerate over document content.
• Accept all revisions in a document.
• Insert HTML text.
• Use all standard Microsoft Word mail merge fields in your reports including MERGEFIELD, NEXT, NEXTIF, ADDRESSBLOCK, GREETINGLINE.
• Execute mail merge for documents that contain even the most complex and nested IF fields and formulas.
• Populate and dynamically grow tables or fragments in the document from your data source using mail merge regions.
• Easily generate reports that contain master-detail (parent-child) data such as Order/Order details.
Aspose.Words for Android 1.0 has been built from the mature codebase of Aspose.Words for Java 13.1 but this first release has the following limitations:
• Rendering to PDF, XPS works, but only one font will be used in the output document.
• Some problems might occur when converting images in particular pixel formats (e.g. black or garbled image in the output).
• Document encryption and digital signatures are not supported.
• Printing is not supported.
• Mail merge might not work with all databases.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for Android documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings:
-Product Overview: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsandroid/Product+Overview
- How to Convert a Document to PDF: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsandroid/How+to++Convert+a+Document+to+PDF
Overview: Aspose.Words for Android
Aspose.Words for Android is a Java word processing component that enables developers togenerate, modify, convert and render Word documents within their Android applications. Aspose.Words supports DOC, DOCX, OOXML, RTF, HTML, XHTML, MHTML, OpenDocument, ODT, PDF, XPS, EPUB & other formats. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, platform independence, performance & scalability all with minimal learning curve.
More about Aspose.Words for Android
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for Android: http://www.aspose.com/android/word-component.aspx
- Download Aspose.Words for Android: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/74/android-components/aspose.words-for-android/default.aspx
- Online Demos for Aspose.Words: http://www.aspose.com/demos/java-components/aspose.words/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Words for Android: ttp://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsandroid/Home
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Words Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.words-product-family/75/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Words blog: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.words-product-family/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066