Chicago residents will have chance to donate $25,000 to charity of choice, win $25,000 in prize money
Online PR News – 02-August-2013 – (CHICAGO) – July 31, 2013 – – A Chicago-area charity will have a chance to win a $25,000 prize thanks to a lucky winner. PODS® of Chicago, a moving and storage company, is proud to announce its new partnership with Glenview-based electronics and appliances giant retailer Abt Electronics, WLUP-FM, WKQX-FM and WIQI-FM for a one-of-a-kind, fun-filled “PODS® Store It To Score It” promotion, where entrants will have the chance to win up to $25,000 of electronics and appliances from Abt for their home. In addition, the winner will win $25,000 in cash to donate to their favorite charity. The contest runs Aug. 2 - Sept. 5.
To win, Chicago-area residents will guess the value of the Abt Electronics products stored and locked up inside the Plexiglas PODS® container to the cent. The products range from new appliances to high-end electronics. The container will be at multiple locations throughout Chicago in August and September. To find the container and view the products, residents can visit the PODS of Chicago Facebook page or listen to WLUP-FM, WKQX-FM and WIQI-FM broadcasts. Guesses will be submitted by SMS text messages to the radio stations using the following codes: WLUP-FM: 312979, WIQI-FM: 36101 and WKQX-FM: 312877.
The unique Plexiglas PODS® container will make its way to the following dates and locations:
• Friday, Aug. 2: Navy Pier, 600 E. Grand Ave., 5 – 10 p.m.
• Saturday, Aug. 3: Schaumburg Boomers, 1999 S. Springinsguth Road, Schaumburg, Ill., 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
• Sunday, Aug. 4: Taste of Orland Park, 14700 Ravinia Ave., Orland Park, Ill. 1 – 9 p.m.
• Saturday, Aug. 10: Arboretum of South Barrington, 100 W. Higgins Road, South Barrington, Ill., 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
• Friday, Aug. 16: Navy Pier, 600 E. Grand Ave., 5 – 10 p.m.
• Saturday, Aug. 17: Sycamore Speedway, 50W086 Illinois 64, Maple Park, Ill., 6 – 10 p.m.
• Friday, Aug. 23: Navy Pier, 600 E. Grand Ave., 5 – 10 p.m.
• Saturday, Aug. 24: South Loop Costco, 1430 S. Ashland Ave., Chicago, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
• Friday, Aug. 30: Navy Pier, 600 E. Grand Ave., 5 – 10 p.m.
• Thursday, Sept. 5: Schaumburg Boomers, 1999 S. Springinsguth Road, Schaumburg, Ill., 5 – 7 p.m.
“At PODS, we make it our priority to give back to the community and want to influence others to do the same. The partnership will have immense local appeal for residents to come out and try their luck at a fun contest for their charity of choice,” said Steve Yapp, sales and marketing director of PODS of Chicago. “We look forward to supplying our moving and storage services and appreciate Abt Electronics’ support in helping put together this giveaway.”
For more information about the “PODS® Score It To Store It” contest, visit: https://www.facebook.com/PODSChicago .
Official rules can be viewed at: http://www.wlup.com/StoreItToScoreIt , http://www.i101fm.com/store-it-to-score-it/ or