A recently released web-based tool is helping construction companies mitigate environmental risk, drive legal compliance and enhance their KPI reporting to avoid environmental related fines
Online PR News – 11-July-2013 – Tonbridgre / United Kingdom – RSK Business Solutions Announces New Web Tool to Help Construction Companies Underpin ISO14001
A recently released web-based tool is helping construction companies mitigate environmental risk, drive legal compliance and enhance their KPI reporting to avoid environmental related fines / penalties through failing to comply with the ISO14001 environmental management standard.
Enviro-Suite was developed by RSK Business Solutions Limited - part of the UK’s largest independently owned environmental and technical consultancy, RSK Group – using a modular approach. The web portal underpins the ISO14001 regulations, helping Project Managers to mitigate environmental risk at a project level.
The different subscription modules include:
• Bespoke sustainability appraisal tracking
• Environmental risk and ISO14001 regulation management
• A complete legal register and jargon-simplification guide
• Customisable project KPI tracking
Andrew Kinsey of MACE is an early adopter of the Enviro-Suite software and in an interview with the press stated that:
“We were originally using spreadsheets to help manage our environmental risk processes. This format presented a number of issues including version control and informing our operational teams of changes in legislation. The Enviro-Suite tool has helped us gain full visibility of our operational risks and improve the available support to the Project Managers on-site, whilst also ensuring best practice is adopted across all of our construction projects.”
Managing Director of RSK Business Solutions Ltd Danny Bird, who was also present for the interview, explained to journalists how the web tool started. “We take a lot of pride in the web tools we develop and work closely with our clients to ensure our solutions continue to meet their complex business needs”.
Details on the Software’s Available Modules
In its current state, the Enviro-suite mobile business application has four primary modules.
• The sustainability appraisal module is customised on a per-client basis to adhere to the sustainability themes of each company, whether it’s waste, carbon & energy, community, design, responsible sourcing of materials, water, land use, ecology or biodiversity.
• This module supports specific CEEQUAL or RIBA processes whilst also supporting BREEAM targets and aspirations for each individual construction project.
• The environmental risk module is integrated with the legal register module, helping to drive compliance processes for project or site managers and any appointed contractors or subcontractors.
• Guidance and support is inbuilt and the module can integrate each company’s standard operating procedures, even linking to internal documents to ensure all relevant information is available easily.
• The Legal Register module provides a tailored legal register – updated on a quarterly basis - to ensure all project-relevant legislation is available across the business
• Enviro-Suite clients are provided with access to RSK’s in-house specialist team which translates the latest legislation into easy-to-understand guidance for site and project managers.
• The environmental KPI module helps construction companies to track their environmental / sustainability targets and monitor performance across the business
• The KPI data and units of measure can all be tailored to meet individual reporting requirements. The existing (subjects such as sustainability themes of energy, mileage, carbon, CO2, waste or re-cycling) are then entered and submitted to the corporate layer, contributing to overall corporate social responsibility (CSR) reporting.
Notes for Editors
Lee Robinson, Senior Business Development Consultant is available for an interview regarding any aspect of their Enviro-Suite software and is contactable on the information below.
Tel: 01732 833111
Mob: 07813 902849