Latest Trends and Key Issues in the UK Retail Packaging Market â€“ The outlook for primary packaging and outers to 2017 is a detailed industry report providing comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends and opportunities in the UK packaging market.
Online PR News – 29-June-2013 – Dallas, Texas – Although the UK packaging industry is set for moderate growth between 2012 and 2017 â€“ with packs increasing at a CAGR of 2.01% - this overall picture of moderate growth hides volatility in the market, according to new research released by leading consumer specialist Canadean: Latest Trends and Key Issues in the UK Retail Packaging Market. This is due to the fact that macro-economic trends, demographic trends, and new shopping behaviors are driving long term changes in the material and type of packaging in demand. This is seeing a significant increase in the demand for more convenient and cheaper packaging in new product categories.
Evolving Food Culture: Evolving Packaging Market
One of the key drivers in evolving consumer behavior highlighted by Canadean is the evolution of Britainâ€™s food culture, as an older, more diverse, and well-travelled population drive demand in new product categories. Whilst this is predominantly taking place at the margins of consumer markets â€“ usually in cosmopolitan areas â€“ it still influences a significant volume of food and drink.
Thus, food packaging must evolve in tandem with the evolution of food culture â€“ for example, some consumers are more interested in the preservation of flavors and presentation offered by Prepared Meal packaging, rather than simply straightforward convenience.
Multicultural Britain: Multicultural Food
Britainâ€™s multicultural heritage and widespread opportunities for travel mean that its population is exposed to, and has developed a taste for, a wide range of food and beverages. This in turn means there is demand for a wide range of packaging solutions to meet the varying needs of a vast range of product categories.
A prime example of this is the rapid growth in global demand for sushi, which provided a unique set of packaging challenges: packaging needed to comply with the food safety regulations whilst ensuring neat presentation and highlighting the productâ€™s freshness. As the UK packaging market moves forwards, businesses must remain receptive to the shifting demands of the market as dictated by the ever-evolving food culture.
Key Features and Benefits
- Comprehensive coverage of the key consumer trends affecting the CPG market. Markets covered include alcoholic drinks, food, health and beauty, home improvement, household care, non-alcoholic drinks, pet care, and tobacco and tobacco products
- Detailed analysis of each packaging material providing detailed break up including pack types, closures, and outers.
- Provides key manufacturing and innovation trends in the packaging industry.
- Highlights the key regulatory framework governing the UK packaging industry.
- Overview of the competitive landscape in the UK packaging industry including key players in each of the packaging material segments and major deals.