Foreigners who wish to seek authorization to work in Beijing would be under the obligation to provide a legalized police clearance certificate from their home country as of July 1, 2013.
Online PR News – 28-June-2013 – Sunnyvale, CA – (Sunnyvale, CA) - This will make the work authorization process lengthier for Beijing, says Nair & Co. which provides Global HR services for companies setting up foreign operations.. It is pertinent to note that applicants holding Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macao passports are exempt from the new requirement.
Foreigners who want to work in Beijing will need to provide criminal record clearances to receive work authorizations as of July 1, 2013.
A “police clearance certificate” (non-criminal record) from their home country has become mandatory to apply for work permits in Beijing. Moreover foreigners who are already in China but want to transfer to Beijing will also be required to produce the same.
The following conditions have been laid down by the The Beijing Labor Bureau vis a vis the certificate:
* The certificate must be issued by a recognized public security or judicial authority in the applicant’s home country.
* It must show that the applicant has no criminal record from the age of 18 through the present.
* The certificate will have to be legalised after issue by a Chinese diplomat.
* Regulations are still in development for nationals who reside outside of their home country.
* For standard work permit applications the certificate will have to be produced when the employment application license is filed.
* Applications sponsored by a representative office of a foreign company will have to produce the certificate when the work permit application is filed as employment application license are not required.
For a detailed advice on the issue, contact the International HR team at email@example.com
Subscribe to regular International HR services alerts from Nair & Co.
International Business Guide (IBG) is our online platform for companies wishing to optimize their multinational operations or who would like to have specific business information for doing business in the UK - Click Here.
About Nair & Co.
Nair & Co. provides you with your one touch outsourced finance, HR, legal and global tax compliance department for your international operations. If you are expanding abroad for the first time or increasing your global footprint, our turnkey solutions help you do so with minimal risk, stress and cost. We support 4000+ client operations in over 56 countries and have core offices in U.K., India, China, U.S., Japan and Singapore. Nair & Co. was named among the top 100 outsourcing services providers in the world by the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP). Learn more at www.nair-co.com
Visit Nair & Co. International Business Guide (IBG) at https://ibg.nair-co.com for more country specific information.
Get the latest press releases and updates on international tax, HR, Finance, compliance and other legal news at Nair & Co. Industry Alerts.