The Irish government has announced easing of employment requirements to help employers get access to skilled non-EEA (European Economic Area) candidates with the aim of becoming Europeâ€™s internet capital.
Online PR News – 27-June-2013 – Sunnyvale, CA – (Sunnyvale, CA) - The IT sector is expected to benefit the most from this move, says Nair & Co. which provides Global HR services for companies setting up foreign operations. Ireland has introduced a number of changes including increased number of occupations eligible under the green card scheme, lowered employment parameters for intercompany transferees, simplifying labour market tests and reducing the requirements of supporting documents.
Key Highlights: New Irish Immigration Rules
* New provisions are applicable for employment permit applications submitted on or after April 10, 2013.
* Concerning work permits for certain positions, the minimum salary limit has been decreased from â‚¬30,000 to â‚¬27,000.
* In case of an intercompany transferee availing work permit, the foreign national must be employed by the respective foreign entity for a minimum of six months. This limit has been lowered from the existing one year limit.
* Non-EEA nationals will now be eligible for a newly introduced benefit. They can now change to a work permit or green card in case they have a one year intercompany transfer permit or a service contract-based permit.
* The Highly Skilled Occupations list has been widened to include more occupations especially from the IT sector. The list contains occupations which qualify as â€śhighly skilledâ€ť under Irelandâ€™s green card employment permit program.
* Applicants awaiting interviews for positions on the Highly Skilled Occupation list can now stay in the country till their employment permit applications are being processed.
* The Labour market test parameters for employers that requires advertising openings with the Department of Social Protection for eight weeks (previously) has now been lowered to two weeks.
For a detailed advice on the issue, contact the Global HR services team at email@example.com
Subscribe to regular International Business Services alerts from Nair & Co.
International Business Guide (IBG) is our online platform for companies wishing to optimize their multinational operations or who would like to have country specific business information - Click Here.
About Nair & Co.
Nair & Co. provides you with your one touch outsourced finance, HR, legal and global tax compliance department for your international operations. If you are expanding abroad for the first time or increasing your global footprint, our turnkey solutions help you do so with minimal risk, stress and cost. We support 4000+ client operations in over 56 countries and have core offices in U.K., India, China, U.S., Japan and Singapore. Nair & Co. was named among the top 100 outsourcing services providers in the world by the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP). Learn more at www.nair-co.com
Visit Nair & Co. International Business Guide (IBG) at https://ibg.nair-co.com for more country specific information.
Get the latest press releases and updates on international tax, HR, Finance, compliance and other legal news at Nair & Co. Industry Alerts.