Smartesting an independent French software provider and a leader in research-based innovation, has released version 4.0 of its Test Designer software
Online PR News – 03-June-2010 – – Bangalore, June 2, 2010- Smartesting (www.smartesting.com), an independent French software provider and a leader in research-based innovation, has released version 4.0 of its Test Designer software, thereby offering a more far-reaching response to the needs of testing professionals in terms of project quality and productivity gains.
According to studies conducted in different countries, with an annual growth rate of more than 15% in the past few years, the testing market is one of the most dynamic technology sectors. Considered a "necessary evil" by IT departments until recently and fragmented among the development, acceptance testing and release activities, testing has become a full-fledged field of work in the IT sector. Given the growing criticality of their information systems, companies have understood the advantage of implementing a real testing policy in order to avoid any ‘bottleneck’ in their project development.
Smartesting has unveiled the new features of version 4.0 of its flagship product, Test Designer. As a reminder, test designer features automatic test generation based on models of the expected behaviours of the application being tested. The growing complexity of applications adds ever more risks to manual test design, which remains a tedious process and a source of errors. Test Designer™ 4.0 automates tasks once regarded as manual and allows users to experience unparalleled productivity and quality gains.
The new features of Test Designer™ now enables users to:
1. Define a test strategy based on functional requirements and risks directly from test models (Model-based Testing).
2. Generate tests on demand, including for execution in manual mode and on an incremental basis for greater agility.
3. More quickly adapt the test scripts produced in the test environment chosen for automatic execution (HP or IBM).
4. Easily manage changes in functional requirements: with just a simple update of the test model, Test Designer™ shows coverage of the requirements in the modeling phase and propagates all the possible impacts to all the test scenarios produced.
Modeling in Agile mode...
The main advantage of the Smartesting tool is that it can be integrated into a range of previously installed testing software applications. This new version includes numerous improvements for modeling, which facilitate sharing and supports iterative methods as recommended by the Agile movement. Traceability is bidirectional between tests and requirements and ensures coherence in the validation process. The tool automatically generates all the test scenarios with all the ‘oracles’, i.e. the values to be verified.
For an immediate ROI
The gains offered by the product are both qualitative and quantitative:
- Compared with a traditional approach, the productivity gains recorded are close to 70% in the maintenance phase and 50% in the initial test repository construction phase. The ROI also becomes apparent at the time of the second iteration in updates of the tests.
- The software has been made easier to use thanks to the addition of a new view of the behaviours being tested called a “story”. This concept unifies the ‘test targets’ and ‘test objectives’ of the previous version of Test Designer by offering an RRBT (Requirements & Risk-Based Testing) approach. This improvement makes it possible at any time to produce the chosen tests based on the most relevant test strategy and according to optimal quality.
"With the launch of this new version, Smartesting is pursuing its technological development in an effort to strengthen its position as an innovative leader in the functional testing industrialization sector. Our automatic test generation solutions satisfy our clients’ and partners’ requirements in terms of reducing risk, holding down costs and securing software releases with automatic traceability," said Emmanuel Vergé, Smartesting’s Marketing Director.