TMC Mega Raffle final draw names 2,822 prize winners
Online PR News – 04-June-2013 – Phoenix, AZ – Contact: Juliet Straker
TOP 24 WINNERS RECEIVE NEWS
TMC Mega Raffle final draw names 2,822 prize winners
TUCSON, ARIZ. - (May 31, 2013) – On Wednesday, May 29 the Tucson Medical Center Mega Raffle held its final draw for the remaining 2,822 prize winners. The two grand prize winners of A.F. Sterling homes are Tucson residents. Other top prize winners represent cities throughout Southern Arizona. All 24 winners received personal calls from TMC Mega Raffle Coordinator and Spokesperson, Kathy Rice. The remaining winners were verified and their names and prizes were posted on a master list at www.TMCmegaraffle.org late Thursday, May 30.
Both grand prize winners said they decided to buy raffle tickets because, “It was a good cause with good odds.”
Tucson resident, Michael Martin, 38, a member of the Arizona Air National Guard, learned in a call from Rice that he won the Grand Prize #1, which includes the A.F Sterling, Sheridan plan, in the Tortolita Vistas community located in northwest Tucson. Martin’s grand prize package also includes a $30,000 allowance towards options, upgrades and home site premiums, a 2013 Mercedes-Benz SLK250 2-door Roadster and $100,000 in cash, for a total value of $625,000.
After learning he won, Martin said he had an appointment with a real estate agent later that day to look at homes to buy, which he canceled.
Janet McGee, the second Grand Prize winner cried when she heard the news she won an A .F. Sterling home located in the Campos Adobes community in southwest Tucson and $50,000 cash, a total package valued at $336,000. McGee, 59, is a newlywed, currently caring for her husband who was born at TMC and is now battling cancer. She expressed her joy and appreciation saying, “She felt truly blessed, and winning this will help ease their financial stress.”
“The community support and excitement for the Mega Raffle has been tremendous,” said Michael Duran the vice president and chief development officer for TMC Foundation. “We succeeded in meeting our goals and now look forward to next year’s raffle.”
Other top prize winners include:
• Arlene Djodjevic of Sierra Vista, a nurse who supports health related causes won the 2013 Porsche Boxster Roadster + $19,500 cash
• Jay Raschke, former Mayor of Sierra Vista won a 2013 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS Convertible + $14,000 cash
• Deanna Kempton of Tucson gave birth to two children at TMC and is now a stay-at-home grandmother. She got the call that won a2013 Lexus ES 350 + $12,000 cash minutes after telling her daughter she needed a new car.
• Steve Grzovic of Sahaurita and winner of the 2013 GMC Acadia SLE + $11,500 cash was very excited to learn his raffle ticket was selected, as the car he currently drives has 274,000 miles on it.
• Mikel Spencer a Tucson resident and retired Army veteran who served in Iraq explained that he bought tickets to support TMC in appreciation for the care they provided his son in 2009. Spencer won the 2013 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ + $10,000 cash.
• Richard Puckett now retired, started working for TMC as an orderly 40 years ago. Shocked to receive a call that he’d won the 2013 Mini Cooper + $8,000 Cash, Puckett said a Mini Cooper was the prize his wife wanted more than anything, even the grand prize homes.
Other top prizes included:
• 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid + $8,000 Cash
• 2013 Ford Escape SE + $8,000 Cash
• 2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited + $8,000 Cash
• 2013 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT + $7,000 Cash
• 5-night trip for 2 to Paris, France, at the Hotel Le Littre includes economy airfare, a tour of Paris, cooking class at L’Atelier Des Sens or La Cuisine Paris, lunch at the Eiffel Tower, River Seine cruise and $2,000 cash.
• 6-night stay for 2 at the Fairmont Kea Lani resort in Maui, Hawaii. Includes economy class air and breakfast each day.
• 6-night stay for 2 in a JR Suite at your choice of The Fairmont Hamilton Princess or The Fairmont Southampton, and includes economy airfare and a $300 Fairmont gift card.
• 3-night stay for 2 at The Fairmont San Francisco and 3 nights at The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa. Includes economy airfare and private winery tour.
• 2-night deluxe hotel stay for 2, economy airfare and 2 tickets to the Emmy awards in Los Angeles, California.
• 7-night cruise for 2 to Alaska aboard a Celebrity Cruise ship, a Veranda stateroom, and economy airfare to Seattle.
• 5-day trip for 2 to British Columbia, Canada, 4 nights at The Fairmont Chateau Whistler, economy airfare, roundtrip airport transfers, and $600 Fairmont gift card for ski lift tickets.
• 2 nights for 2 to a college football, basketball, hockey, lacrosse or baseball game of your choice. Includes reserved tickets, hotel accommodations and economy airfare.
• Trip for 2 to Las Vegas, Nevada includes 3-night stay at the All-Suite Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, economy airfare, evening helicopter ride, and show tickets.
• Trip for 2 to your choice of a pro football, hockey, basketball or baseball regular season game in 50 markets. Includes 2 game tickets, 2-night hotel accommodations and economy airfare.
• Trip for 2 to Laguna Niguel, California, for two nights at the Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel in Club Level Accommodations
• Trip for 2 to Carlsbad, California, includes 2 nights at the Park Hyatt Aviara and $500 Hyatt gift card towards golf or spa services.
About Tucson Medical Center Mega Raffle
Tucson Medical Center Mega Raffle is the first ever large-scale raffle focused in Southern Arizona. Net proceeds from the raffle will benefit Tucson Medical Center and its commitment to providing the highest standard of patient care to Southern Arizonans. Spring 2013 raffle participants have a one in 20 chance of winning the 2,800 featured prizes. To learn more about the TMC Mega Raffle or to purchase tickets, visit www.TMCmegaraffle.org or call (800) 395-8805.
About Tucson Medical Center
Tucson Medical Center’s mission is to deliver caring, personalized, quality healthcare to patients and their families in an environment that is supportive, education-focused and compassionate. TMC is licensed for 629 adult, pediatric and behavioral health beds. The hospital serves more than 30,000 inpatients and 122,000 outpatients yearly and has several emphasis areas, including maternal and child health, cardiac care, hospice care, neuroscience, orthopedics, diagnostic services, behavioral health and senior services. TMC also created the region's first emergency department dedicated specifically for kids. For more information visit www.tmcaz.com.