Being active is about to become a whole lot more social in London with the arrival of GO Mammoth, a brand new type of club that’s as much about the socials as it is about the sport.
Online PR News – 30-May-2010 – – London, 29 Maay 2010: Being active is about to become a whole lot more social in London with the arrival of GO Mammoth, a brand new type of club that’s as much about the socials as it is about the sport. Based on a concept that’s hugely popular over in the US, GO Mammoth is introducing social sports leagues to the capital, and if their popularity across the Atlantic is anything to go by, they are set to go down a storm in London.
The company has chosen Wandsworth as the home for its first UK sports and social club, before rolling the concept out across London and the rest of the UK. Taking its influence from the Chicago Sport and Social Club, the biggest club of its kind in the world, GO Mammoth offers a diverse range of recreational sports leagues and socials for people who want to play team sports and meet new friends without the hassle, competitiveness and commitment of joining a specialist club. With the latest equipment, top sponsor bars, weekly socials and up-to-the minute online league standings, it’s the perfect way to make the most of the long summer evenings, take a little exercise and have a lot of fun.
A summary about how the leagues work and what’s on offer:
• All GO Mammoth leagues are professionally hosted and
• People can enter as a full team, a partial team or as an individual.
• Every level of player is welcome – from the complete novice to the budding professional!
• There are currently six team sports to choose from: five-a-ide football, netball, softball, touch rugby, grass volleyball and darts. More sports are to follow very soon.
• Most leagues are mixed, but single-sex options are also available.
• After every game, players head off to one of the sponsor bars to enjoy a few drinks, a bite to eat and special promotions. Additional social events are also held throughout the year.
• Bespoke league management software controls and scores the leagues, giving members access to up-to-the-minute league standings through the website. The site also has direct connectivity with Facebook, so members can share photos, videos and general chat.
• There is no commitment to annual membership. Members pay by the season, which typically lasts for around eight weeks, so it’s a great way to try out lots of new sports over the course of a year.
“I discovered the concept of social sports leagues whilst visiting Chicago and was overwhelmed by its popularity but also baffled at why it’s never quite made it over here to the UK, especially to London,” explained GO Mammoth’s founder and MD Luke Mohr.
“GO Mammoth is about making sport fun, accessible and sociable all-year round. We provide a welcoming and relaxed atmosphere in a non-intimidating environment, where the focus is on enjoying being active and social, rather than anything overly competitive or serious. Because you can join as an individual, it’s also perfect for people who have just moved to the area and are looking to meet new people,” he continued.
Indeed, it’s not the first time Mohr has been involved in a business adapted from a North American model. In 2004, his brother Jason brought the concept of full service, professionalised junk removal here to the UK through the launch of AnyJunk, which is now the UK’s biggest rubbish clearance company. As commercial director, Luke helped to turn AnyJunk into a household name in the space of just a few years. Although the two businesses may appear poles apart, it’s that same focus on second-to-none service that Luke hopes will allow him to emulate the success that Jason has achieved with AnyJunk.
Entry to GO Mammoth leagues is now open for anyone aged 21 and above. Prices range from £50-£600 per season for a team and £30-£65 for an individual, depending on the sport. Visit www.gomammoth.co.uk for more information and to register, become a fan of GO Mammoth on Facebook or follow on Twitter: @gomammoth.
Notes to editors
About GO Mammoth
GO Mammoth is London’s ‘social’ sports club, providing indoor and outdoor sports leagues for people who want to play team sports and meet new friends without the hassle, competitiveness and commitment of joining a specialist club. With professional hosting, top sponsor bars, weekly socials and up-to-the minute online league standings, it’s the perfect way to take a little exercise and have a lot of fun. There are six sports to choose from (with more to follow very soon), and entry is open to full teams, partial teams and individuals at every level – from the complete novice to the budding professional.
GO Mammoth leagues are open to anyone aged 21 and over. Visit www.gomammoth.co.uk for more information and to register, become a fan of GO Mammoth on Facebook or follow on Twitter: @gomammoth.