Conferences for This Week: Coding And Billing for Wound Care & Debridement Services; Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) for Medicine Specialties; Compliance training for 1910.146 Permit Required Confined Spaces and more.
Online PR News – 07-May-2013 – Durham – AudioEducator provides exclusive healthcare training resources to keep you in the forefront of your field. The company schedules webinars on various healthcare topics like, medical coding, billing, compliance and more. In addition, AudioEducator has included updates on CPT® changes, documentation challenges, and other guidelines on E/M, modifiers, OIG work plan and fee schedule. AudioEducator provides the choice of wide range of topics for the health care professionals. Moreover, they also offer you the flexibility to either attend the webinars, request for the replays of previous webinars, or even buy the CDs and PDF transcripts.
Understanding the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule- Part 1 & 2. Expert healthcare consultant Duane Abbey, Ph.D., will present these audio events Part 1 & Part 2 on 7th & 9th May at 1pm ET. This session will cover:
• Discuss the Resource Based Relative Value System (RBRVS) which provides the basis for the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS).
• Understand how hospitals become involved in and can utilize the Medicare physician fee schedule (MPFS).
• Understand the facility versus non-facility aspects of RBRVS and the relationship to hospital-based clinics.
• Understand the involvement of RBRVS with ASCs, CORFs, IDTFs, and CAHs.
• Recognize sources of information from CMS concerning RBRVS and the Federal Register updating process.
For more info & registration, visit http://www.audioeducator.com/medical-coding-billing/understanding-mpfs-050713.html
Part 2 (Advanced)
• Skinny on pre-operative and post-operative periods, and the pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative payments
• Learn the use of “-54”, “-55”, and “-56” Modifiers within global surgical package
• Know the normal complications and return to operating room concepts
• Provider-Based Clinics and RBRVS: Learn the difference between freestanding versus provider-based clinics; place of Service and Site of Service Differentia; Economic Advantages for Provider-Based; Special Situations etc.
• Hospital Payments Under RBRVS: Understand payments for Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy; concept of Critical Access Hospitals and Related Fee Schedule
• Understand payments for special organizations such as Ambulatory Surgical Facilities (ASCs), Independent Diagnostic Testing Facilities (IDTFs), and Comprehensive Rehabilitation Facilities (CORFs)
• Review Special Issues - Physician Supervision, 3-Day Payment Window, Sustainable Growth Rate (SGR)
• And, get sources for information on RBRVS
For more info & registration, visit http://www.audioeducator.com/medical-coding-billing/understanding-mpfs-050913.html
Spot-on Coding For Multiple Urological Procedures. Our expert Michael A. Ferragamo, Jr., MD, FACS will present this audio event on Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 1pm ET. This session will cover
• Know how a physician may act as a surgeon, assistant surgeon, and a co-surgeon?
• Learn what documentation is needed for an assistant surgeon or a co-surgeon to ensure reimbursement?
• Get tips on coding for a consultation and surgery when called to OR to assist a primary surgeon
• Learn how to code for multiple surgeries at the same time performed by one or two urologists?
• Get examples of single surgical CPT codes encompassing multiple surgical procedures
• Learn how the associates may code using different procedures and CPT codes for the performance of one surgical indication, and a whole lot of coding information.
For more info & registration, visit http://www.audioeducator.com/urology/urological-procedures-050813.html
Strategies to Assure Compliance in Case Management Program. Our compliance expert Toni G. Cesta, Ph.D., RN, FAAN will present this audio event on Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 1pm ET. This session will cover
• Understand the key roles and functions of the nurse case manager, social worker, and case management leader that impact compliance
• Know how to implement an effective compliant UR Committee
• Get effective strategies to assure compliance by every member of the healthcare team
• Learn how to implement a case management compliance score card
For more info & registration, visit http://www.audioeducator.com/hospitals-and-health-systems/case-management-compliance-050713.html
To learn more about other updates events for more than 20 specialties, please visit http://www.audioeducator.com/hot-topics/coding-updates.html. You can also call Adam K at 1-866-458-2965 or e-mail Adam at email@example.com.