ACF Car Finance Limited is using the latest, industry-leading fraud prevention software and scanning equipment across its showrooms nationwide.
Online PR News – 24-May-2010 – – The UK’s leading sub-prime car dealer will be rolling out ID document checking technology to its eight dealerships after a positive trial held at its flagship Car Finance showroom in Willenhall, Birmingham. The technology is provided by Experian, the global information services company, and I-SEC Technologies, a global leader in identity authentication and management, and is similar to that used at many border control points throughout the world.
The software and desktop scanner will help the company to identify fraudulent documents, such as fake driving licences and passports, before any sale is finalised.
The Funding Corporation, which is the parent company and primary lender to ACF Car Finance, already has a number of fraud checks in place both at finance underwriting and loan activation stage. But importantly, the new scanner and data checker will further enhance current fraud prevention measures by spotting identity fraud at the point of sale.
Richard Cox, Head of Motor Operations at The Funding Corporation said: “As a finance company The Funding Corporation has invested heavily in fraud detection tools and this document checking capability across the ACF Car Finance dealership network serves to enhance our capability.
“In joining with I-SEC Technologies and Experian we believe ACF Car Finance is the first used car trader to use the system at point of sale, benefitting consumers as the risk of identity fraud is further reduced.”
ACF Car Finance’s main objective is to help each customer to find the car they want at a monthly repayment to suit their individual circumstances and budget. The company treats
all types of fraud extremely seriously and takes all necessary measures to protect its customers.
Notes to Editors:
• The ACF Car Finance dealerships are located in Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, East Midlands, Bristol, Dunstable, Maidstone and Isleworth.
• ACF Car Finance is fully SAF Approved, meaning customers can rest assured that they will receive reliable service from fully trained staff across all levels of the business.
• Each showroom stocks pre-owned cars in a wide range of popular makes and models with something to suit every taste and budget, starting from as little as £25 per week.
• Every car offered for sale is subject to a 136 point vehicle quality inspection and independent MOT.
• Customers can apply for Car Credit conveniently online via a short application form or by telephone.
• ACF Car Finance is an Independent Garages Association (IGA) member of the Retail Motor Industry Federation (RMIF). The company also supports automotive industry charity, BEN.
• ACF Car Finance Limited. Registered in England number 4757280. Registered office: International House, Kingsfield Court, Chester Business Park, Chester CH4 9RF.
• For further information on ACF Car Finance go to www.acfcarfinance.co.uk.