Ikan Corporation and Pandora International announce new Cinemage Monitor to meet the growing needs of post production workflows.
Online PR News – 04-April-2013 – Houston, Texas – Ikan Corporation
Ikan, Pandora are pleased to announce their successful collaboration on a groundbreaking new Grade 1 monitoring solution for broadcast, production and post production professionals. Using both proven and new technologies, the rebooted Cinemage series provides precise color rendering for on-set or near-set use during color-critical applications such as VFX, standard color correction practices, and implementation of LiveGrade functionality and custom look-up tables. Thanks to our partnerships with Light Illusion, SpectraCal, and THX, Ikan delivers a versatile and highly-supportive grading monitor designed to meet the demands of RAW production workflows—to date, the most affordable of its kind.
Cinemage’s new processing engine is based on Pandora’s hugely successful Pluto Image Processing Platform, an FPGA-based technology capable of complex color space management and spatial processing with the highest degree of precision and uncompromised image quality. The engine allows the new monitor to be used in a wide array of color spaces including REC709, DCi HD, and ACES. It supports 2k and 4k input, real-time reference frames, and offers an internal 16-slot Look and LUT management system compatible with 1D-3D-1D LUT Chains and CDL grading to generate numerous LUTs for varied applications. All functions can be remotely managed using Ethernet.
This revision simplifies the system’s hardware configuration for increased stability and ease of future upgrades or repairs. Also, usage has become more intuitive and efficient when interfacing between computer and monitor with streamlined calibration methods for Input/Output-related LUT operations.
All around, the completely redesigned Cinemage series of color grading monitors from Ikan deliver a more versatile and robust, reliable, and affordable Grade 1 monitor for post-oriented professionals.
The new Cinemage includes the following features:
• High performance, precision, 2k HD & SD display monitoring
• 3G, Dual Link, Single Link and HDMi capable
• YCbCr or RGB at 8 or 10 bits linear or logarithmic
• High Quality 16 bit signal processing chain featuring 3D LUT’s and multiple 1D LUT’s
• 16 definable memory slots for 1D-3D-1D LUT Chains
• 4k capable I/O
• Calibration compatible with leading CMS packages LightSpace, SpectraCal and THX Cinespace
• Superior Black level performance
• Full Remote Control over Gigabit network
• Frame Capture and Store
• Pixel Measurement tool
• Full Cursor and Blanking generation (Cage Generator)
• 4 x SDi Inputs – 4 x SDi Outputs
• New compact low power, low heat 16 bit – 4k resolution processing card
• ACES compatibility
• Optional Waveform Monitor and Vectorscope On Display or external display
• New simple user interface and menu system
• Low profile design
• CDL support and LiveGrade
• RP188 Timecode reader with burn in
• Custom text input
• Reference wipe and color matching
• 3D Support
• Pandora Color support