CSR efforts of employees are converted to monetary value; Donations will be made to NGOs active in areas stricken by earthquake and tsunami.
Online PR News – 01-April-2013 – Tokyo – Sompo Japan Insurance Inc. (President and CEO: Kengo Sakurada; hereinafter “Sompo Japan”) has implemented the E-Koto CSR Point System once again in FY2012. This is a system in which the status of the CSR initiatives taken by each and every employee is reviewed through e-learning, and a matching amount is determined and donated to NGOs and other organizations. In FY2012, 15,696 employees reviewed their CSR efforts. On this basis, they have decided to donate a total of 1,287,640 yen (approximately 13,555 US dollars, 1 US dollar = 95 yen) to four organizations.
1. Overview of the E-Koto CSR Point System
Employees review their daily activities through e-learning against a checklist of 10 items comprised of 6 themes, including “eco activities at the workplace,” “social contribution activities,” and “efforts at home.” Based on the outcome, Sompo Japan calculates an amount equivalent to the sum of the points corresponding to the employees’ activities and makes donations to NGOs and other organizations. The E-Koto CSR Point System has been implemented every fiscal year since FY2009.
2. Number of participating employees and donation total in FY2012
The number of employees who participated in the system and the donation total are as follows:
Participating employees: 15,696 employees
Donation total (yen = point): 1,287,640 yen (approximately 13,555 US dollars, 1 US dollar = 95 yen)
3. Selection of donation recipients
(1) They have selected the four organizations listed below which are active in the region affected by the Great East Japan Earthquake and conduct activities in the following four areas: “disaster prevention,” which is deeply intertwined with their business; as well as “environment;” “welfare;” and “culture and arts” – priority areas of our social contribution activities. Donations are expected to be made by the end of April 2013.
[Welfare] Fukushima Kids Executive Committee (Fukushima Prefecture)
[Environment] NPO Mori wa Umi no Koibito (Miyagi Prefecture)
[Culture and Arts] Wonder Art Production (Tokyo)
http://wonderartproduction.com/ (Japanese only)
[Disaster Prevention] WEATHERCASTER NETWORK (Tokyo)
http://www.weathercaster.jp/ (Japanese only)
(2) Starting this fiscal year, employees are asked to select two organizations from the four which are chosen. This outcome is taken into consideration in earmarking our donations.
4. Way forward
Sompo Japan will enhance its partnership with the donation recipients through a range of approaches, including employees’ participation in the volunteer activities of these organizations.
About Sompo Japan
Sompo Japan Insurance Inc. is a leading provider of Property & Casualty insurance in Japan. Together with Nipponkoa Insurance CO., Ltd., it established NKSJ Holdings, Inc. a joint holding company as comprehensive service provider group for risk and asset management in 2010 and is now preparing for a merger as “Sompo Japan Nipponkoa” by 2014.
As a long-time leader in CSR, Sompo Japan strongly commits to build sustainable society focusing on its own CSR material issues such as climate change and sustainable finance. The company is regularly recognized for our efforts to sustainability. Recent awards are “World’s Most Ethical Companies” in 2012, “SAM Silver Class” in 2011, and “Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World” in 2009 and 2010.
Corporate Communications Department
Sompo Japan Insurance Inc.
Tel : +81-3-3349-9597
Fax : +81-3-3349-3304
E-mail : ECo@sompo-japan.co.jp