LG Electronics (LG), a global leader and technology innovator in mobile communications, today announced the release of the highly anticipated New Chocolate mobile phones in Australia. The New Chocolate and New Chocolate Slide, the stunning new editions to the Black Label Series, will be available in Australia from December.
Online PR News – 19-May-2010 – – Sydney, Australia - LG Electronics (LG), a global leader and technology innovator in mobile communications, today announced the release of the highly anticipated New Chocolate mobile phones in Australia. The New Chocolate and New Chocolate Slide, the stunning new editions to the Black Label Series, will be available in Australia from December.
With the introduction of its bold new shape, the New Chocolate is essentially reinventing the way consumers view and use mobile phones. Designed with sleek sophistication, the strikingly unconventional 4-inch wide screen opens up an enlarged and more optimal space for "on-the-go" computing, allowing for an entirely new mobile experience that raises the bar of innovation.
"The New Chocolate will dramatically change the way we interact with our phones," said Nathan Dunn, General Manager, Mobile Communications, LG Electronics Australia. "The New Chocolate reflects the originality and sophistication of the Black Label Series, while the length of the screen makes browsing mobile internet a more convenient and effortless experience. Combine this with the elegance and style of the New Chocolate, and you have a unique, stand-out handset that is an essential accessory for the modern, fashion-forward consumer."
Users will see things differently with the widened 21:9 panoramic display that establishes a new level of visual comfort for reading web pages and e-mail and dramatically brings movies and games to life with cinematic flair. Going wide also allows for the dual screen era to finally be brought to handsets for enhanced usability, which when combined with LG's upgraded and intuitive S-Class UI brings a whole new meaning to the words "user friendly".
The New Chocolate phone made an impressive debut during London Fashion Week as the headline sponsor of designers Sienna and Savannah Miller's Twenty8Twelve catwalk show. Modelled before the glitterati of the international fashion world, the innovative wide screen phone was lauded for its bold visionary style and design initiative. The elegant phone looks set to be one of the most sought-after items this season among discerning fashionistas.
For those wanting a mobile phone with more traditional styling the evolution of the Chocolate legacy continues with the New Chocolate Slide. The New Chocolate Slide channels the spirit of the original Chocolate phone, inheriting its predecessor's easily recognisable sleek and seamless look. Like the New Chocolate phone, it shares the characteristic glossy black surface accentuated with luxurious red highlights and yet forges its own identity with a sliding keypad for easy mobility.
"Standing proudly alongside the New Chocolate, the New Chocolate Slide expands the Chocolate series with a beautiful yet practical slider which reflects our design leadership and focus on consumer benefits," continues Dunn. "The New Chocolate Slide offers consumers another way to experience the trendsetting style and high performance that is symbolic of the Black Label Series."
With a compact form factor that's both simple and sophisticated, the New Chocolate Slide's enhanced interactive features make it a very attractive option for customers looking for smart and stylish usability. With just one touch, users can enjoy easy, direct access to commonly used features or view the latest news and weather with the Widget Hotkey.
Telstra Consumer Executive Director, Peter Jamieson, reports that the company is delighted to add the New Chocolate Slide to the Telstra NextG™ range as the original model proved very popular with customers.
"The addition of the New Chocolate Slide provides our customers with greater choice and even more ways to stay connected with people, entertainment and information on the go such as; CitySearch® film, Facebook®, BigPond® sport, news, weather, and see all the latest fashions on the catwalk with Fashion TV on Mobile FOXTEL from Telstra," Mr Jamieson said.
The innovative Clear Memo Capture with Text Scan will alter the way users record information. This feature provides the ability to capture text, handwritten notes or even drawings with enhanced visual clarity for storage on the phone for later recall. The New Chocolate can act as a second brain to keep track of information for those times when there simply doesn't seem to be enough blank scraps of paper.
The New Chocolate Slide will be available at T[life] stores, Telstra Shops and Retailers and Dealers on $0 on 30 plan from Boxing Day 26th December.
The New Chocolate will be available to order in December through major mobile phone outlets for RRP $999.
The New Chocolate
See Things Differently
- Mobile web browsing is now a breeze with the New Chocolate's 4-inch, 21:9 HD LCD that eliminates unnecessary side-scrolling; 7.2 HSDPA provides speedier internet and e-mail
- Enjoy a panoramic multimedia experience featuring a theatre-like movie player and enriched image and document viewer through the wide screen
- Utilise the extra space with Dual Screen UI which can intelligently display two different types of content simultaneously
Touch Things Differently
- Enjoy simplified touchscreen navigation with LG's upgraded S-Class UI which offers the best in finger-friendly 3D graphics, intuitive responsiveness and easier accessibility to applications
- With one-touch copy and paste, transfer content even more quickly and effortlessly
- Thanks to the wider screen, discover a refreshingly new hands-on experience for a multitude of tasks ranging from texting to gaming
Style Things Differently
- Irresistibly slim shape, glossy black finish and iconic red highlights create a sense of subtle, chic luxury which preserves the New Chocolate's design identity
- Curved scratch-resistant glass that seamlessly encases the phone and provides a smooth, elegant surface which will always look flawlessly clean and alluring
- The 4-inch HD LCD opens up a wider space to showcase and accentuate your personal style; enhanced customization features allow you to express yourself through wallpapers, themes and ringtones created from your own multimedia content
The New Chocolate Slide
- Captivating red-hued navigation keys lie hidden beneath the dark exterior only to be revealed when the phone slides open
- The slender 12.3-milimeter body houses some surprisingly powerful tools, including the impressive 5-megapixel camera with autofocus and flash.
- Touch-sensitive side controls are discretely concealed. Users can now instinctively feel their way around functions such as volume control and camera zoom for quick adjustments without disrupting the phone's minimalist lines.
- Get direct access to commonly used features or just check out the news and weather with the Widget Hotkey.
- The 42-milimeter keypad provides a comfortable and familiar interface for communicating via SMS
- The innovative Clear Memo Capture with Text Scan feature provides the ability to capture text, handwritten notes or even drawings with enhanced visual clarity for storage on the phone for later recall
For more information please visit the LG website at www.lg.com.au or call 1300 LG CARE (1300 542 273) for stockists.
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, mobile phones communications and home appliances, employing more than 84,000 people working in 115 operations including 84 subsidiaries around the world. With 2008 global sales of $44.7 billion, LG comprises of five business units – Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, Air Conditioning and Business Solutions. LG is one of the world's leading producers of flat panel TVs, audio and video products, mobile handsets, air conditioners and washing machines. LG has signed a long-term agreement to become both A Global Partner of Formula 1™ and A Technology Partner of Formula 1™. As part of this top-level association, LG acquires exclusive designations and marketing rights as the official consumer electronics, mobile phone and data processor of this global sporting event. For more information, please visit www.lg.com.
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company
The LG Mobile Phones Communications Company is a leading global mobile communications and information company. With its cutting-edge technology and innovative design capabilities, LG creates handsets that provide an optimized mobile experience to customers around the world. LG is pursuing convergence technology and mobile computing products, while continuing its leadership role in mobile communication with stylish designs and smart technology.
For further information, images or to organise an interview please contact:
Alexandra Churcher, Burson-Marsteller
Tel: 02 9928 1585 (direct)
Mob: 0403 021 284
Fax: 02 9928 1557
Charlotte Ferrand, Burson-Marsteller
Tel: 02 9928 1579 (direct)
Mob: 0406 578 771
Fax: 02 9928 1557