Novelists looking to expand their careers can find hands-on training and coaching for writers at Rockyourwritingcareer.com
Online PR News – 25-July-2009 – – Phoenix, AZ – Publishing is a tough business and perhaps the only thing harder than getting published in the first place is to continue to be published over time. A new site, Rockyourwritingcareer.com, aims to help writers do just that. The site, developed by Joe Nassise, writing coach and author of the internationally bestselling Templar Chronicles series, went live this week.
“Writing is a tough business. If you want to survive and have some longevity as a writer, you have to take control of your career.” It’s no longer enough, Nassise says, to sit back and just write, leaving the rest up to your publisher. “Today’s midlist writers need to jump in with both feet and get involved in all aspects of their career, from diversifying their projects to promoting themselves online, from getting involved in contract negotiations to actively pursuing subsidiary rights sales.”
Rockyourwritingcareer.com (http://www.rockyourwritingcareer.com) was designed to help both beginning and established writers take advantage of the tools available to them to move their careers to the next level. The monthly membership site uses a variety of teaching methods, including print, audio, and video tutorials, to relay information to its members. Ebooks, such as the recently released Jump Start Your Novel, are used to present material with step-by-step instructions and often include examples from projects that have sold to major publishers. Group training and one-on-one coaching are also available.
Content on the site is divided into five key areas:
• The Craft of Writing looks at plot, characterization, dialogue and other elements of writing good fiction
• The Business of Writing delves into submission, contracts, subsidiary rights sales, taxes and the like.
• Who’s Who in Publishing focuses on the agents, editors, and publishing houses that writers must partner with to be successful.
• Branding/Marketing Your Work covers all aspects of marketing and promotion, including building a website, establishing your brand, and using social media tools effectively.
• An Insider’s View features interviews with successful writers who have used similar strategies to rock their own careers.
Memberships cost $19.95 per month and can be cancelled at any time. A free subscription to the Foreign Rights Club, an email newsletter that features foreign literary agencies and publishers, comes free with membership.