Istituto Italiano di Fotografia and Istituto di Moda Burgo bring together their specific expertise to create a truly unique and interesting summer course.
Online PR News – 19-May-2010 – – This innovative course born thank you to Director of IMB Department of Fashion Design Stefano Burgo and Director of IIF Maurizio Cavalli combines the key concepts of both Photography and Fashion, providing students with an introductory knowledge of the fashion photographer’s profession.
Enphasizing both technical skills and fashion industry insight, this course aims to provide a comprehensive knowledge of the business of fashion and the role of the fashion photographer within the industry.
This course includes interactions with established fashion photographers and fashion designers and the most famous fashion magazines and modeling agencies.
Istituto Italiano di Fotografia (Via Gaspare Bugatti, 3 - Milan)and lIstituto di Moda Burgo (Piazza San Babila, 5 - Milan) provide students who have already acquired the essential knowledge and skills of photography and the ability to hold a camera, the possibility to join two amazing professions into one high demand job.
Start date: july 5, 2010
Duration: 2 weeks
Attendance: 5 days per week :
o 1 st week: from Tuesday to Saturday
o 2 nd week: from Monday to Friday
Total hours: 60: 10 AM to 1 PM ; 2PM to 5 PM.
Course language: English.
• key concepts of fashion and fashion photography styles and techniques
• Posing and lighting techniques for fashion photography, including lighting with natural light and lighting techniques in a studio .
• Fashion photo shooting and fashion photography.
• Fashion photography in different locations ;
• Fashion styles and trends.
• Backstage hair and make up;
• Creating a fashion collection; timetable and moods;
• Photography and trademark rights;
• Products and fabrics.
• Photoshoot casting.
• How to interact with the most established fashion photographers and fashion designers
• Visits to fashion houses, modeling agencies, fashion editing offices and galleries.
Photography equipment required:
• Digital SLR Camera
• Compatible Memory card;
• Compatible battery + a battery recharger (with a European plug adapter, if necessary)