Tax Accountant Phillip Fry Launches New Website

Tax accountant Phillip Fry introduces the new website to help companies properly classify associates as independent contractors or as employees.

Online PR News – 11-March-2013 – Mesa, Arizona – Tax accountant Phillip Fry has premiered the new website to report the latest independent contractor news articles, federal and state
court decisions and rulings, and government agency rules and regulations.

Whether a business associate or service provider is properly classified by the business and the government as an independent contractor or as an employee is a hotly-disputed matter that affects the income taxes, social security payroll taxes, a company’s worker’s compensation and unemployment insurance participation and contribution rates, and Obamacare company participation and taxes.

The U.S. Supreme Court has held that the following type of facts help determine whether an associate should be classified as an independent contractor or as an employee:

1. The extent to which the services rendered are an integral part of the principal's business.
2. The permanency of the relationship.
3. The amount of the alleged contractor's investment in facilities and equipment.
4. The nature and degree of control by the principal.
5. The alleged contractor's opportunities for profit and loss.
6. The amount of initiative, judgment, or foresight in open market competition with others required for the success of the claimed independent contractor.
7. The degree of independent business organization and operation.

“If a company wants an associate or service provider to be successfully classified as an independent contractor, one important step is to empower the contractor to make his or her own decisions and to take the actions he or she believes are necessary for the mutual profit and tax compliance by both the contractor and the company,” recommends Mr. Fry, author of the upcoming book Empower Independent Contractors for Mutual Profit and Tax Compliance.

Another good planning step is for the associate or service provider to provide and invoice his or her services through his or her own limited liability company (LLC) or business trust. For business trust information, visit

For additional information and help on the independent contractor issue, please phone Mr. Fry at 1-480-310-7970 or 1-480-217-7173, or email