A rising Singapore furniture trend is eco-friendly choices for homes and commercial projects, such as recycled and reclaimed teak wood. Yet, where can people go to buy such furniture? Journey East in Singapore offers a unique twist on upcycled and reclaimed teak wood.
Online PR News – 06-February-2013 – Singapore – Furniture in Singapore, with an eco-friendly unique twist on upcycled and reclaimed teak wood.
Journey East presents a unique twist on teak wood furniture in Singapore, available in an offering of recycled, restored and eco-friendly collections. The pieces range from reclaimed teak wood furniture, to original vintage and retro pieces, as well as designer outdoor furniture for balcony and patio spaces. Set in an 8,600 square foot showroom, the store offers a vast array of dining tables, chairs, beds, bookshelves, benches, consoles and many more.
Founded in 1995, Journey East’s initial collections comprised mostly of Dutch Colonial and Javanese vintage pieces, born from a passion for teak wood and antique craftsmanship of a bygone era. Since then, the offerings have evolved over the years towards recycled and reclaimed wood from old buildings, railway sleepers and fishing boats into modern contemporary and industrial chic furniture for both indoor and outdoor spaces. More recently, Journey East has also expanded its offerings with paintings and lighting from France and Belgium, as well as Japanese handcrafted jewellery.
Journey East chooses to only work with partners that demonstrate fair trade practices and who endeavour to reduce their carbon footprint through eco-friendly practices such as 100% hand-made construction in furniture-making. The brands Journey East works with have solid environmental initiatives, such as tree-planting partnerships with Trees4Trees as well as recycled teak certification from the Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC).
Since our inception, Journey East has grown from a steady word-of-mouth fan base to become one of the leading home décor providers in Singapore, with its pieces featured in prominent residential as well as commercial projects such as offices, restaurants and hotels in the country.
- Original refurbished teak pieces from the 1920s-1960s
- Art-Deco, Retro and Colonial furniture that is curated and restored by hand
- Award-winning contemporary design, borne from recycled materials (e.g. reclaimed teak, refurbished galvanized iron pipes)
- Modern contemporary Belgian brand that works with award-winning UK and Belgian designers to produce a series of fun and yet functional furniture and accessories
- Belgian luxury outdoor furniture using minimalistic, contemporary designs
- Materials include FSC recycled teak, stainless steel and Sunbrella® fabrics,
- Paintings, lighting and accessories collected from all over the world
- Includes artwork from Belgium and France, as well as hand-crafted Japanese jewellery
315 Outram Road, #03-02 Tan Boon Liat Building