Senior Helpers, one of the leading providers of in-home care for seniors, is now providing services available in Oswego, Jefferson, and Onondaga counties with the opening of a new office in Pulaski, NY.
Online PR News – 01-May-2010 – – (Pulaski, NY) - April, 2010 - Millions of Americans will face heartbreaking decisions this year when an elderly parent or grandparent is no longer able to live on their own. In fact, more than 50 million people, one in five adults, will provide care for a chronically ill, disabled, or elderly family member or friend during the coming year.
Now, Senior Helpers, one of the leading providers of in-home care for seniors, can offer a solution. Affordable in-home care for seniors is available in the NY counties of Oswego, Jefferson, and Onondaga with the opening of a new office in Pulaski, NY.
“Family members begin an emotional rollercoaster ride when trying to balance caring for their elderly parents or grandparents while still living their own lives,” advises Amy Basciani with Senior Helpers in Pulaski. “Families get exhausted, confused and burned out. That’s why people in this situation need to know it’s okay to ask for help.”
The statistics on caregiver stress tell the story.
• Family caregivers provide the overwhelming majority of long-term care services in the U.S. The Primary caregiver spends an average 20 hours per week caring for elderly loved one.
• 80% of caregivers report emotional strain.
• 60% of caregivers report financial strain and miss work to care for a loved one.
• American businesses lose an estimated $34 billion each year due to employees caring for loved ones.
• Most seniors in a recent survey say they prefer to live independently. 69% of the people turning 65 this year will need some type of long term care.
• This year, 1 out of 11 people are over 65, and because of medical advance, the number of seniors living in the U.S. will double to more than 70 million, 20% of the U.S. population in the coming years.
New Company Offers Solution
Senior Helpers is opening a new office in Pulaski, NY and offers in-home care for seniors, a caring, affordable solution to this health care crisis.
Senior Helpers allows adult children to hire a professional caregiver for a few hours a day. The company has 260 franchises in 37 states. Caregivers provide a host of non-medical services; such as cooking a meal, taking a client to the doctor’s office, running errands, or just keeping someone company.
“It’s difficult to balance family, work and your own life while caring for a family member, but more and more families struggle to do it,” adds Basciani. “We can provide an affordable solution to improve the quality of life for our customers’ entire families.”
For more information about Senior Helpers, to request a free in-home consultation or to download our free in-home care guide, please visit: www.inhomecarecny.com.
About Senior Helpers:
Senior Helpers connects professional caregivers with seniors who wish to live at home as opposed to a nursing or assisted living facility. The company has 260 franchises in 37 states throughout the country and offers a wide range of personal and companion care services to assist seniors living independently with a strong focus on quality of life for clients and peace of mind for their families. Senior Helpers strives to be the leading companion care provider that offers dependable, consistent and affordable home care.