Triathlon Business International today announced the three finalists for the 2012 Most Innovative Triathlon Product award to be given at its 3rd annual conference Feb. 10-12 in San Diego. The three finalists are Garmin 910xt, De Soto Riviera Tri Bib and the Cervelo P5-Six.
Online PR News – 06-February-2013 – Orange, CA – In the run-up to Triathlon Business International’s 3rd annual conference Feb. 10 – 12 in San Diego, today the organization announced the finalists for the 2012 Most Innovative Product award. The winner will be announced and presented with a specially-designed crystal award from TBI member Ashworth Awards at the TBI/Active Network Awards Celebration dinner taking place Monday evening at the Rancho Bernardo Inn.
Nominations were solicited from retailers across the country and finalists were selected based on award criteria by a panel of TBI founding members, board members and representatives of the general membership.
The finalists are:
• Garmin 910xt – The 910xt combines the reliable, robust running and cycling platform that comes from its Forerunner heritage, including the ability to pair with ANT+ devices like power meters and an expanded swim mode that puts the functionality of a Finis Swimsense into the device. The watch has gotten smaller, but retains all the robust specs of its processors, including up to 20 hours of battery life and wireless data transfer.
• De Soto Riviera Tri Bib – The De Soto Men's Forza Riviera Tri Bib is the combination of two De Soto designs: the Forza Tri Bib and the Forza Riviera Tri Short. The Forza Riviera Tri is a single piece with a slimming look and added support to the lower back and abdomen. The bib's upper is made with breathable and stretchable Carrera pique fabric. A centered rear pocket offers an extra storage space for emergency 12X caffeine gel. The most important and feature is the chamois. The one piece Floatpad stretches four-ways, has a touch of buoyancy and no seams.
• Cervélo P5-Six – The Cervélo P5-Six brings the most advanced and the most aerodynamic triathlon/TT bike possible. Designed using Formula 1-level Computational Fluid Dynamics software (CFD) and proven in the wind tunnel, the P5 is six to 11 watts faster than other so-called “superbikes”. Working with Magura brakes and 3T handlebars Cervelo has improved frame aerodynamics to the best level in the industry while providing the best braking performance, most adjustable fit and highly advanced component integration.
The TBI conference agenda provides wide-ranging and timely information for everyone involved in the business and sport of triathlon, and the related sports of cycling and running. Some of the topics and activities for this year’s TBI Conference include:
• State of the Sport address by TBI president Jack Caress
• Keynote speakers: Gary Hall, Jr., Andy Potts, Phil White and Rob Urbach
• Speed networking
• Marketing and Branding: “Using Triathlon to Promote Your Brand”
• Event Insurance: “Protect Your Gold & Minimize Risk”
• Technology Exploration: “Timing, Scoring and Technology”
• Importance of Triathlon to Your Business: “Prospecting for New Customers”
• Rules, Regulations and Drug Policies: “Doping – Fool’s Gold”
• Web and Social Media Trends for 2013: “Online Precious Metals”
• Mergers and Acquisitions: “Turning Sweat Equity into Gold”
• Water Safety and Emergency Management: “Gold Standards of Safety”
• Hot Topics of Triathlon
• ActiveX workouts each morning
• The Active Network Awards Celebration including announcement of top retailers, top manufacturers, best triathlon article, best triathlon photograph and the male and female Ron Smith Award winners
For more information about the conference: http://triathlonbusinessintl.com/2013-conference.html